CnPulse 100MB link

Hi,

I want to sync 2 450M with one cnPulse, my problem is when I power the 450m with poe-passtrought I have the ethernet link at 100MB. The 450M that have sync with aux port is working OK. Can I power the cnPulse and conect the ODU to AUX port of the 450M that I have linked at 100MB? 

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Icalderon,

I’m having a little trouble understanding your question. A diagram might be helpful if you could provide one.

The cnPulse unit should be outputting CambiumSYNC and Gig-E on the PoE port. Are you only getting 100Mb? Is the 450m configured for gigabit on the ethernet port?

-Al

Hi,

Is a tower with FM and the cables is hard to get 1Gb negotiation. With Cat8 cables is no problem with the POE on the device, but If I POE with the cnPulse the cable link at 100Mb. If I use the aux port for sync is working a 1Gb.

I now using the standar conection for the cnPulse

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPulse/cnPulse-Synchronizing-two-radios-with-one-cnPulse/m-p/96981#M6

It's possible the get sync in both 450m from the AUX port?

BR

@lcalderon wrote:

Hi,

Is a tower with FM and the cables is hard to get 1Gb negotiation. With Cat8 cables is no problem with the POE on the device, but If I POE with the cnPulse the cable link at 100Mb. If I use the aux port for sync is working a 1Gb.

I now using the standar conection for the cnPulse

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPulse/cnPulse-Synchronizing-two-radios-with-one-cnPulse/m-p/96981#M6

It's possible the get sync in both 450m from the AUX port?

BR

Hello,

Using a single cnPulse, you would not be able to provide AUX sync to two 450m devices at the same time, unfortunately. However, if you are able to acquire a standard UGPS module, it supports dual AUX sync outputs, but does not support PoE or CambiumSYNC. It sounds like that solution would work for you.

Please note, when using a standard UGPS, you should provide auxilliary power on the center connector when using it with two 450i or 450m devices. You should also enable UGPS power on both devices to be able to look at GPS data on the sync page.

Hope this helps.

-Al

Could you share a sample diagram to use uGPS with 2 450m?

Thanks

Attached is a picture of 2 Medusa's using a uGPS.  The uGPS provides Canopy Sync from the two RJ12 ports and is plugged into the 2 RJ45 Aux ports on the Medusa's.  Attached is the cable pinout.  The power supply of the uGPS is the standard 29 volt POE for the PMP 450 SM's

1 Like