Description of factory default config options

Is there a config option description? We would like to clear out all the SIP related configs or any unnecessary settings for non voice hardware

Hi ,

Normal factory reset will clear all the configured SIP values .
We can’t clear default cofiguration of SIP, but SIP won’t be initialised unless you enable and configure all the values .
Please let us know if you are facing any issue beacause of it and we will try to get it fixed.

Regards,
Nilesh

1 Like

I wasnt clear in my question.

one particular export config from anr195w Im using for building a custom factory default file has 1169 lines of configs.

altering 2 essids in each band alters, creates or removes 75 lines.
a handful of them are radius config parameters, we dont use radius, but it may be required that those parameters be present to make the mentioned alterations without error

enabling snmp and setting strings alters, creates, or removes 5 lines:
SNMPEnable=1
SNMPGetCommunity=[xxxxxxxxxx]
SNMPRemoteLogin=1
SNMPSetCommunity=[xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
cns_cloud_constat=0

many of the instructions make sense, some are odd, example in the snmp activation being cns_cloud_constat=0, I dont know what that is. But, it apparently is required. Building a clean custom factory default config that pairs well with a clean CnMaestro template makes that stuff matter.

An example being a clean template only alters the fields in the template. So if you have a second ESSID configured in the router, but dont have it in your template to clear that, it doesnt remove it. It appears that not having it in the custom default config, it will clear it.

That raises the question of what needs to be there, or not there, to clear the field.

I like order in my config files, and it appears that the exports will randomize command placement. So on our custom config imports I do a default config export, then make the specific changes I target, then load them side by side in notepad++ sort lines in each, then run the changes macro to identify the specific settings.

Once ive collected those I combine them all into a clean organized import of a couple hundred lines, rather than 1169 lines. It makes it easier to identify issues and if need be, alter as needed.

As we implement the custom default config, we need to know what we have is clean, somewhat firmware revision future proof, and easy to alter down the road.

the following is clutter, AFAIK, but Its hard to know if it can be cut

DBID_DTMF_UPEVENT_ENABLE=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
DBID_DTMF_VOLUME=-19 -19 -19 -19 -19 -19 -19 -19
DBID_ECHO_CANCEL_MGT=1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
DBID_EFFECT_MESSAGE_SOUND=0
DBID_EFFECT_STARTUP_SOUND=0
DBID_ENABLE_AUDIO_MB=1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
DBID_ENABLE_FEATURE_NUMBER=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
DBID_ENCRYPT_KEY=
DBID_ENTER_FUNCTIONKEY_PASSWORD=0
DBID_ENTER_MENU_PASSWORD=0
DBID_ESCAPED_CHAR_ENABLE=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
DBID_ET_ENCRYPT_DEPTH=10000 10000 10000 10000 10000 10000 10000 10000
DBID_ET_ENCRYPT_TYPE=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
DBID_FAILOVER_ENABLE=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
DBID_FAX_BITRATE=14400 14400 14400 14400 14400 14400 14400 14400
DBID_FAX_BYPASS_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE=1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
DBID_FAX_BYPASS_ENABLE=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
DBID_FAX_GPMD_ENABLE=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
DBID_FEATURECODE_CALL_ACT=*124 *124 *124 *124 *124 *124 *124 *124
DBID_FEATURECODE_CALL_BLOCK=*123 *123 *123 *123 *123 *123 *123 *123

Knowing what the lines are, what options are available, whether its necessary helps. Particularly in our environment where we will use a combination of custom default config, loaded config file and/or CnMaestro Templates.

I doubt sombody at cambium wants to sit down and write out a document detailing 1169 lines of instruction, but pointing in the direction of a resource that has more info, like if this is part of the custom dd-wrt or some other open source command syntax/structure

We will check if it is feasible and get back to you .

Regards,
Nilesh

It would be nice to have this not only for the cnpilots but other devices as well, especially if they can be mapped between lines in config, snmp oid’s, and the GUI of the web interface. I fully acknowledge that is a massive undertaking though, so just having documentation of what the line items mean in the cfg would be nice, with a required and optional tag

1 Like

still nothing on what all of the config lines mean. we had to investigate a security problem and configure all of our cnpilots to block the attack vector this week and it would have been nice to know exactly what each config line does instead of playing the guessing game

I honestly dont think cambium actually knows.

Im sure there is some kind of internal reference, but another thing you can do if you are feeling froggy is to look at the HTML of the admin info to see which fields do which things, this will give you many, but not all of the line items. there are things that cascade into other changes from entering them into the gui

I just COMPARE the config file in Notepad++ after every change…every…single…change ughhh.

kdiff3 is your best friend. I have found that you may need to alphabetize them in notepad++ first though. I have definitely don’t the same thing to find how I configure things to work right.