Distribution SFP+ L3 Fiber Switch?

Checking if there’s any interest from Cambium to enter the market with a SFP+ Distribution switch ? Just needs OSPF,LAG,ACL,VRRP,RTSP and MLAG functionality.

We are changing vendors due to EOL and lack of stock of a vendor switch we normally use.

You spoke my language :grin:.
But I report this bug and no answer yet:

When I see something like that I give up…
Also OSPF type are mising… e.g. point-to-point (for wifi links).

We are in the middle of the project where 2052 and 2016 are in use and they are aggregate to mikrotik crs317 (all links are 10G) because cambium doesnt have model wich can be distribution switch

Hello,

Yes, a SFP+ (10G fiber) distribution switch is in the roadmap. Our existing EX/TX switches already support OSPF, LAG, ACL, RSTP. We are planning to support VRRP and MLAG when we introduce the distribution switch.

When do you need the switch?

Regards.

1 Like

Ah nice.
Is there a roadmap time wise when it might be coming out ?
Are you aiming for a 1/2 width or full width device ?

Program is in definition stage, but not on our formal roadmap yet. Most like will be a full width device.

Hi John thanks for the heads up.
There’s good money to be made in this segment. Currently products in this segment are either old school prosumer cli devices with no native automation and best effort email support or really expensive abc brands requiring expensive yearly renewable automation,warranty and support agreements.

Hi

Any news on the distribution switch? Really looking forward to it

We are very excited about this program. Based on customer feedback, this program is our #1 priority. It is now officially approved and funded, but it still a ways out. We don’t have official dates to communicate yet, but the program is actively being worked on.

2 Likes

Is this on a roadmap somewhere we can monitor progress? Thanks

Hi Rob, Sorry, not yet.

Hi John,

Any updates available on Distribution Switching (SFP+)?

Thanks,
Jarrod

Yeah same I have to completely refresh a new site and have been asked that everything has to be single vendor and spog.

This distribution switch is still our highest priority program. Good progress has been made. 1st protos are due back soon. We are not at the point yet where we are posting a schedule. Stay tuned and check back with me in a few months.

3 Likes

Checking back here.

Any ETA’s on this ?
Had to go with another vendor for a greenfield solution recently.

I heard Q4 was rumoured, reach out to your Regional Manager from Cambium

I have the same info from Q1 that it would be Q4, but they also released EX3000 sooner than planned, so we might see it in Q3 :smile:

1 Like

Lets hope,

I’m really hanging out for a NSE 4000, but I’ll take a full fibre 10Gbps or 2.5Gbps ethernet EX3000, in the mean time,

Thanks for the heads up.

End of Q4 approaching.

Any updated ETA’s ?

Hey guys, Thanks for all the questions about our upcoming EX3024F program. 24 ports of 10G SFP+ fiber with dual internal power supplies. This program is our highest priority. We are making really good progress. We have proto-2 units up and running in the labs. There is still not a formal schedule. Please reach out to your local Cambium contact for more information.