DN Site with 2 x V5000 and 1 x V3000

We have a use case where we want to setup a (non-pop) distribution site with 2 x V5000 and 1 x V3000. So, all three radios would be setup as DNs. My question is how to wire this up and configure it in on cnMaestro. We are planning to use SFP+ fibre links to each radio, to ensure reliable 10gbps throughput, the three fibres would be connected to a switch and the SFP+ ports would be configured to run OpenR. How would this then be configured in cnMaestro, do we need to show separate wired links between each radio? The idea is that all three radios mesh using their wired connections via the switch. Thanks.

Perhaps set all three as POPs ? Are they all internet connected?

This site is not a pop, the three radios only have radio links to the rest of the mesh. I am guessing that the radios can extend the mesh over their wired connections but my question is really about how to set this up in cnMaestro. Maybe one of the Cambium team can comment on this.

Assuming nodes are onboarded to cnMaetro via mesh links,
Enabling relay port on SFP for each of the device will be enough. The configuration is at Configuration->Network->Other Settings

In case the reachability to the POP for any of these nodes is via this openR link, first the same configuration should be enabled on the node by directly opening the node’s GUI. Relay port is not a zero touch config (like wsec).

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, this is what I thought was the case. I can see that it automatically creates wired links in cnMaestro between all the DN nodes at the site, but I wanted to be sure this would work before committing the resources to building the site

Some information on wired links and relay ports:

Please watch the following video which covers relay configuration:

https://learning.cambiumnetworks.com/learn/course/993/play/3410/60ghz-cnwave-installing-a-relay-topology

Things to Consider:

1. A port configured for relay cannot be used to bridge customer data. Therefore, if customer data is required at this site, an additional port must be used. For example use a POE to the V3000 above, this is a 10Gbps connection.
  2. A port configured for relay cannot be used for local IPv4 management of the node.
  3. Relay port configuration must be set in both the E2E and the local node. A node downstream of the relay connection must first be configured before it can connect to the mesh. Once it connects to the E2E, if the relay port is not already configured there, the relay port will be disabled again. This is best explained in the relay video provided above.
  4. By default, all ports are added to a bridge inside the node, therefore, do not plug two ports from the same node into the same switch. Additionally, do not plug multiple ports configured for customer traffic from different nodes into the same switch, as it will create a loop.
  5. The Aux port has a maximum Ethernet negotiation of 1 Gbps, therefore it is best to choose the SFP+ or Main port for relay.

Frequency planning for this:

If you take a look at the deployment guide you can see there’s various option to collocate the V5000’s if you need to, I’ll be interesting in the installation details, but you could get away with two frequencies.

or

The V3000 being a narrow beam may only require just >3deg elevation offset if you had to share frequency, but we can work through that if you have details.

Antony