ePMP Release 3.5 is now available

ePMP Release 3.5 is now available and can be downloaded from Cambium Networks Software Download website located at:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

1 Like

Hello,

In version 3.5 Rc7 had been mentioned a fix for random reboot, because in the final version did not mention anything about this problem? I am using version 3.5 Rc7 in an ptp and so far no longer presented the problem.

1 Like

Hi Alex, 

It was probably missed in the release notes update. All defect fixes in 3.5-RC7 are in the official 3.5 release. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

How can operators who already bought and applied licenses to AP's switch to a flexable licensing solution? This would help immensely when we have an AP that needs to be brought off line or changed and users can failover to another AP without getting a max license use error.

I am having a failure with 3.5 on a 2000 AP.  Not sure if this is isolated but I might caution upgrading 2000's.

Here is the thread with the testing:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/Lost-access-to-2000-AP-during-upgrade-to-3-5/m-p/77348/highlight/true

Hi,

I just upgraded a few APs from 3.1 to 3.5. I found a bug that seems to only happen in the older intergrated and connectorized radios while doing some cpe swaps. When configuring the radio, the coordinates won't allow any decimal places. No issues with Force200 and 180.  So in cnMaestro it shows some people in the middle of lake Erie. The ones that were already configured before the firmware update are fine. 

Thanks

Jake

1 Like

@Ryan Ray wrote:

How can operators who already bought and applied licenses to AP's switch to a flexable licensing solution? This would help immensely when we have an AP that needs to be brought off line or changed and users can failover to another AP without getting a max license use error.

Hi Ryan, 

For now, we need all the MACs for which you have Elevate licenses, for us to issue replacement flexible licenses. We're still trying to see if there is a smoother transition procedure. Flexible licensing, although supported in this release, is in beta and we'll provide full details on how to do this once the beta period is done. 

Thanks,

Sriram

@JLoewen1 wrote:

Hi,

I just upgraded a few APs from 3.1 to 3.5. I found a bug that seems to only happen in the older intergrated and connectorized radios while doing some cpe swaps. When configuring the radio, the coordinates won't allow any decimal places. No issues with Force200 and 180.  So in cnMaestro it shows some people in the middle of lake Erie. The ones that were already configured before the firmware update are fine. 

Thanks

Jake

Hi Jake, 

There is certainly something unusual happening with the coordinates fields in the GUI. We have another report of it here: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/upgrade-to-3-5/m-p/77380

We'll investigate this and keep you posted. 

Thanks,

Sriram

@JLoewen1 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Jake

Hi,

Issue with coordinates has been confirmed.

It is going to be fixed asap.

Thank you.

1 Like

hello

I had a real DISASTER upgrading to 3.5

I have the very same disaster upgrading from 3.3 to 3.4 via cnmaestro.

Cambium should insert in the upgrade procedure, to first REBOOT the unit, then upgrade.

I had about 200 units STUCK (required power cycle for 5 minutes) after the upgrade.

So, i see, same with 3.4.1, still cant log in with chrome

EDIT - i just found the post about clearing cookies, which is a pain

@Skullzaflare wrote:

EDIT - i just found the post about clearing cookies, which is a pain

NewKirk posted an answer in another thread about this - a trick to clear cookies just from specific sites.  For me, all my ePMP's management IP's are all on our 10.x.x.x network, so it's easy-peasy to match that and delete just my ePMP cookies, so NewKirk posted this. This is still a bit of a pain, but MUCH less painless than clearning all the cookies browser wide. 

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/ePMP-Release-3-4-1-is-now-available/m-p/77427#M11591

Direct Link:  https://7labs.heypub.com/tips-tricks/clear-site-specific-cookies-cache.html

1 Like

@JLoewen1 wrote:

Hi,

When configuring the radio, the coordinates won't allow any decimal places. No issues with Force200 and 180.  So in cnMaestro it shows some people in the middle of lake Erie. The ones that were already configured before the firmware update are fine. 

Thanks

Jake

Same Issue with Force 180 and Force 200 - Tried using Firefox and then Chrome suspecting that might be a JavaScript issue but i got identical results.

1 Like

It seems this problem is not limited to ePMP 2000 AP's.  This last week I started rolling out 3.5 to our network.  I've lost access to 2 ePMP 1000 AP's with the exact same scenario:  Inaccessible by LAN but accessible by wireless at close range, no MAC visible in the switch.  Rolling back to 3.4.1 and the AP returns to normal operation.  I've not noticed a problem on subscriber units yet.

We are having this issue on Force 200 radios.  cannot get gps coordinates to stay populated.

"

Hello,

In version 3.5 Rc7 had been mentioned a fix for random reboot, because in the final version did not mention anything about this problem? I am using version 3.5 Rc7 in an ptp and so far no longer presented the problem."

"

Hi Alex, 

It was probably missed in the release notes update. All defect fixes in 3.5-RC7 are in the official 3.5 release. 

Thanks,

Sriram

"

May I ask what are the simptons for this behavior?
Thank you for your answer.

you are unable to enter coordinates without it deleting them.

Hello

I'm having stability issues upgrading to 3.5.

The AP (epmp2000) first has caused poor link towards SMs then kicked them all out ofetr some days of struggeling woth intereferences that previously has been handled quite well with same equipment.

Is anyone of you guys encountering the same issue?

p.s.

I downgrade only AP to 3.4.1 and everything turned to normality and the SMs are now on the AP worjking regularly.

1 Like

I just noticed that the preferred AP wasn't saving in the radios, I made the change in several radios and hit save.  Now they hit the AP, but are not even asking for radius authentication.  I have tried a reboot on customer side, no help.  I changed the AP to WPA2 instead of radius, still nothing.  have tech in route to look now.  Has anyone had issues like this before?

tech onsite had to remove the preferred AP setting to fix.  anybody else have issues with this?

I have updated several APs with 3.5 I have complaints from customers who often have no connection, they have to restart sm to reconnect, sm mounts only 2.6 AP 3.5