ePMP Software Release 2.6 is now available

ePMP Software Release 2.6 is now available at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

Release 2.6 adds the following: 

5 MHz and 10 MHz Support in ePTP mode 

5 MHz and 10 MHz Support in AP and SM WiFi Modes 

Licensing Support to Expand an AP Lite from 10 SMs to 120 SMs 

Ability to convert AP Lite to a full AP through purchase of a license (Part #: C050900S200A)

VLAN VSAs 

The ability for the AP to receive SM VLAN VSAs from a RADIUS server and pass these along to the SMs: 

• Data VLAN and Priority 
  • Management VLAN and Priority 
  • Separate Management VLAN and Priority 
  • Membership VLANs 
  • Multicast VLAN 
  • VLAN Mapping C-VLAN to S-VLAN 

GUI User Authentication Extended to RADIUS 

• Local GUI Authentication is the default 
  • Ability to select Remote RADIUS Server Authentication Only 
  • Ability to select Remote RADIUS Server Authentication and Fallback to Local GUI Authentication 

LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol) support 

The Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is a vendor-neutral link layer protocol (as specified in IEEE 802.1AB) used by ePMP for advertising its identity, capabilities, and neighbors on the Ethernet/wired interface. 

Separate Management IP Address Port Forwarding: 

• Ability to forward packets addressed to the Separate Management IP Address port 
  • Ability to map a range of source ports to destination ports for both the Data Port Forwarding and Separate Management IP Address Port Forwarding Tables 

Wireless MAC Address Filtering for Network Entry: 

• Ability to specify the exact SM MAC addresses to permit for network entry, or 
  • Ability to specify the exact SM MAC addresses to prevent from network entry 
  • Ability to specify up to 120 entries 

Distance to AP Displayed for Each Registered SM in AP -> Monitor -> Wireless 

SNMP trap for failed registration 

A new SNMP trap informs the network management system when an SM fails to register to the AP. The trap is named cambiumpmp80211NetworkEntryFailureTrap 

Improved Interference Tolerance at the AP for On-Channel Interferers

Several bug fixes to improve and resolve some of the stability issues seen by users on Release 2.5.x.

• Resolved issues are listed in the Release notes 
  • Some issues are still outstanding and we continue to work with the users to root cause and resolve them. We fully intend to provide a timely point release as and when we resolve the critical issues. 
4 Likes

I once again request LLDP on ALL interfaces, even better if you’re able to turn it on/off per interface.

1 Like

@Mike Hammett wrote:
I once again request LLDP on *ALL* interfaces, even better if you're able to turn it on/off per interface.

Hi Mike, 

Yes, the development team is aware of this request. Hopefully we can provide this in a near future release. 

Thanks,

Sriram

3 Likes

All I want(ed) for Christmas is(was) AP>SM proxy like Canopy. Maybe next year Santa will deliver. And it's almost next year. :)

>Distance to AP Displayed for Each Registered SM in AP -> Monitor -> Wireless 

Hi Cambium. Is this actually calculated by the radio delay, or calculated by the GPS co-ordinates we enter into the SM?

@ninedd wrote:

>Distance to AP Displayed for Each Registered SM in AP -> Monitor -> Wireless 

Hi Cambium. Is this actually calculated by the radio delay, or calculated by the GPS co-ordinates we enter into the SM?

This is calculated by the radio air delay. 

1 Like

Hi. My CPE at home is a 2.4Ghz Connectorized ePMP running 2.6 and last night it stopped responding in the GUI, and stopped Graphing via SNMP (CACTI) and it was also unpingable on it's ethernet IP (192.168.100.1) from the Ethenet side.

It was still passing traffic fine, throughput performance was fine, and the AP was still able to do a wireless link test to the SM fine - but the CACTI server couldn't graph it from shop (the AP / Wireless side) and I was unable to log into it or ping it from the Ethenet side.

I power cycled it around noonish, and it came back up fine. I probably should have done some more in-depth tests before I cycled it. I assume that I could not (but not certain) log in from the Wireless side or not, and so I didn't test if I could have soft rebooted it instead of just power cycling it.  However, for sure I coudn't log in or ping it from the ethernet side, and CACTI couldn't SMNP or ping it from the wireless side.

EDITED - Attached image shows some of the SNMP / CACTI graphs.  The CACTI server is at the shop and polls the SM via it's wireless interface. You can see tha the SM was unreachable overnight, and then came back on it's own in the morning sometime, and then was unreachable again.  ALSO (this might be important) the Ethernet shows a artifact spike in traffic at 8 AM) when it stopped responding for the second time.  Again - the SM was still online and was still passing traffic, just not reachable or pingable.

I have an AP with no customers on it. (Sync 2 GHz).  It had very similar conditions.

Ping works

SNMP, HTTP, SSH access did not work.

Power cycled it to restore access.

Can you please explain it in detail?

thank you

@ninedd wrote:

Hi. My CPE at home is a 2.4Ghz Connectorized ePMP running 2.6 and last night it stopped responding in the GUI, and stopped Graphing via SNMP (CACTI) and it was also unpingable on it's ethernet IP (192.168.100.1) from the Ethenet side.

It was still passing traffic fine, throughput performance was fine, and the AP was still able to do a wireless link test to the SM fine - but the CACTI server couldn't graph it from shop (the AP / Wireless side) and I was unable to log into it or ping it from the Ethenet side.

I power cycled it around noonish, and it came back up fine. I probably should have done some more in-depth tests before I cycled it. I assume that I could not (but not certain) log in from the Wireless side or not, and so I didn't test if I could have soft rebooted it instead of just power cycling it.  However, for sure I coudn't log in or ping it from the ethernet side, and CACTI couldn't SMNP or ping it from the wireless side.

EDITED - Attached image shows some of the SNMP / CACTI graphs.  The CACTI server is at the shop and polls the SM via it's wireless interface. You can see tha the SM was unreachable overnight, and then came back on it's own in the morning sometime, and then was unreachable again.  ALSO (this might be important) the Ethernet shows a artifact spike in traffic at 8 AM) when it stopped responding for the second time.  Again - the SM was still online and was still passing traffic, just not reachable or pingable.

Hi ninedd, 

Can you please contact me  - sriram@cambiumnetworks.com? I would like to collect some debug from the SM/CPE if you are ok with it. 

Thanks,

Sriram

@jluthman wrote:

I have an AP with no customers on it. (Sync 2 GHz).  It had very similar conditions.

Ping works

Josh, 

I will contact you offline about this. 

Thanks,

Sriram

@Maggiore81 wrote:

Can you please explain it in detail?

thank you

Hi Maggiore81, 

This is further tuning of existing mechanism to block/ignore unwanted signals(interference) at the AP reciever (uplink). There is not a lot more to explain. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

Whenever I change from SM mode to SpectrumAnalyzer mode, why do I get all the AP controls appearing?

j

@Cambium_Sri wrote:

@jluthman wrote:

Ping works

Josh, 

Thanks,

Sriram

I am also having this issue on a 5 GHz sync with 2.5.1. Is this problem resolved in 2.6?

@Gary Boyce wrote:

@Cambium_Sri wrote:

@jluthman wrote:

Ping works

Josh, 

Thanks,

Sriram

I am also having this issue on a 5 GHz sync with 2.5.1. Is this problem resolved in 2.6?

Gary, 

I recommend going to 2.6 as there are a lot of stability fixes in it. If you still see the problem, please drop me a note at sriram@cambiumnetworks.com and I'll work with you. 

Thanks,

Sriram

@newkirk wrote:

Whenever I change from SM mode to SpectrumAnalyzer mode, why do I get all the AP controls appearing?

j

J, 

Is this still happening? Did you try clearing the browser cache and reloading the UI?

Thanks,

Sriram

I'm talking about immediate change via Javascript.  On an SM, go to Config->Radio and change the radio button from 'Subscriber Module' to 'Spectrum Analyzer'.  All the settings sections below that on the screen will change to those pertinent to an AP instead of those for an SM.  But for SA neither really makes sense...

j

I have an AP with 2 customers on it. (Sync 5 GHz). 

2.5-RC10

Ping does not work for the most part.

SNMP, HTTP, SSH access did not work.  It is still passing data but can't do anything with it via the web interface.  Can't even login, says general error after timing out.  Isolated location, would have to go in via snowmobile. 

@Greg Coffey wrote:

I have an AP with 2 customers on it. (Sync 5 GHz). 

2.5-RC10

Ping does not work for the most part.

SNMP, HTTP, SSH access did not work.  It is still passing data but can't do anything with it via the web interface.  Can't even login, says general error after timing out.  Isolated location, would have to go in via snowmobile. 

Greg, 

Please drop me a note at sriram@cambiumnetworks.com and I'll work with you on this. 

Thanks,

Sriram

@newkirk wrote:

I'm talking about immediate change via Javascript.  On an SM, go to Config->Radio and change the radio button from 'Subscriber Module' to 'Spectrum Analyzer'.  All the settings sections below that on the screen will change to those pertinent to an AP instead of those for an SM.  But for SA neither really makes sense...

j

Thanks for clarifying J. We will look into this.