ePMP Stability issues starting in release 2.5

We want to notify our customer base that starting with release 2.5, we have reports of system stability issues in the form of AP crashes as well as inaccessibility of the management interface. We are working very closely with some customers on these issues and have already made considerable progress in reproducing and addressing some of these issues. However, some are still open. 

We apologize for the trouble this may have caused but the issues are a bit difficult to reproduce in a routine set of steps and thus taking us a while to address them. 

Please be assured that we are doing everything possible to fix these and will be creating a 2.5.3 beta release that we will make available on case by case basis. In the meantime, please use 2.4.3 if the issues are impacting your operation.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Sakid

4 Likes

Are any of the symptoms of crashing related to temperature? we are having APs and subscriber modules rebooting this morning since the temperature had gotten in the twenties with a good frost last night. Also couple weeks ago we were in the single digits and we started noticing drops with the APs and subscriber modules rebooting once it warmed up no issues by warmed up I mean above 30

@NOW wrote:
Are any of the symptoms of crashing related to temperature? we are having APs and subscriber modules rebooting this morning since the temperature had gotten in the twenties with a good frost last night. Also couple weeks ago we were in the single digits and we started noticing drops with the APs and subscriber modules rebooting once it warmed up no issues by warmed up I mean above 30

No, there are no relations to the issues with what you are suggesting. However, I would be very interested to debug your observations as we have numerous deployments over time in cold temperatures and have not heard issues such as yours. Things that we have seen are around what power supplies are being used, cable length etc.

@Can you please email me offline @  sakid.ahmed@cambiunetworks.com ?

Thanks

Sakid

I'm glad to know it's not just me going crazy. We have a few APs doing this - both losing access to the management interface and randomly rebooting.

If there is anything I can do to help get it figured out, I'd be happy to help.

@Mathew Howard wrote:

I'm glad to know it's not just me going crazy. We have a few APs doing this - both losing access to the management interface and randomly rebooting.

If there is anything I can do to help get it figured out, I'd be happy to help.

Hi Mathew, 

How often does this happen?  Would you be willing to collect some logs for us? If so, I will contact you offline. 

Thanks,

Sriram

It's probably about once a day on average, but sometimes a couple times per day and sometimes several days at a time with no issues. I downgraded most of them that were having problems to 2.4.3, which does seem to have resolved both issues, but I do that the management interface isn't responding on right now, and has currently been that way for about 2 hours (but the clients are still working fine). I'll be happy to collect some logs for you if that will help.