Factory Default To load Configuration file

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible to have override the factory default behavior of the R190 and R200 routers so that it comes back online after a factory reset with custom configuration file?

Right now, after a factory reset, we need to access the routers locally and load our exported configuration files to have the router back in a configured state.

As we manage hundreds of theses router and deploy more all the time I would be easier if they came back after a factory reset our set standard config.

please let me know if this is possible.

1 Like

Hi,

Yes right now this option is not available, please talk to your local Cambium Account manager to pursue with the engineering team. 

Hi,

Sorry, we have this feature available in R-Series from 4.5-R7 image. will publish tech writeup how to make use of this feature.

that would be super awesome and save me a ton of time.  Thank you so much

Hi ,

Please use below link to configure custom factory default setting .

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-R-Series-Home-Small/Custom-Factory-Default-Configuration/td-p/104615

Regards,

Nilesh

1 Like

En Masse this might be better to do with cnmaestro. Whenever our customers reset their router we click re-sync in the cloud and it pushes the correct config file from our template to the router with the correct default override variables (ssid/wifipass etc) 

There is also an option to automatically sync the config with the cloud so if the customer presses reset, it will automatically see it is out-of-sync and the cnmaestro cloud automatically pushes the config out to the router. 

The automatic function is however broken until the next firmware release due to a bug where devices go out of sync for no reason and reboot often. 

After one router is setup to load our custom configuration is there a way to easily apply this configuration to several routers in a batch so we can prepare them in our office before sending them into the field to customer sites?

I think you might be able to accomplish this with TR-069. I haven’t done it yet, but I’m looking into doing this currently. You would apply a DHCP option to get the ACS server location, then apply your configuration via ACS server.