Factory Reset 450i SM

How do i factory reset a 450i 900 radio. I can not access the web interface on the device. I tried the ip address and it doesnt respond on that address I tried the default address of 169.254.1.1  the radio is on a clients house and I am hoping I dont have to go up on the roof to get it. 

@pgator17 wrote:

How do i factory reset a 450i 900 radio. I can not access the web interface on the device. I tried the ip address and it doesnt respond on that address I tried the default address of 169.254.1.1  the radio is on a clients house and I am hoping I dont have to go up on the roof to get it. 

Hi, 

For the 900 MHz 450i SM, you will first need a default(override) plug. See here on how to make one. Then (from the User Guide):

1. Insert the override plug into the RJ-11 utility port of the module. 
  2. Power cycle by removing, then re-inserting, the Ethernet cable. RESULT: The module boots with the default IP address of 169.254.1.1, password fields blank, and all other configuration values as previously set. 
  3. Wait approximately 30 seconds for the boot to complete. 
  4. Remove the override plug. 
  5. Set passwords and IP address as desired. 
  6. Change configuration values if desired. 
  7. Click the Save Changes button. 
  8. Click the Reboot button. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

Hi Pgator17,

Please visit the below link which has the PMP450i factory default steps with screenshot.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-FAQ/How-to-Enter-Default-Mode-or-Recovery-Console-for-450i-series/m-p/52971#U52971

Recovery Options attributes Attribute Meaning
Boot Selection Boot – Default Mode: Use this option to temporarily set the IP and Ethernet attributes to factory defaults until the next reboot.
Boot – Normal: Use this option to reboot the unit.
IP address, Netmask, Gateway These fields display IP address, Netmask and Gateway of the radio while it is in recovery or default mode.

Regards,

Vijay Gnanamurtthi.

Hi, 

The procedure Support_Vijay1 provided applies to the 900 MHz 450i AP. For the 900 MHz 450i SM, please use the procedure I provided in the first response. 

Thanks,
Sriram

1 Like