Factory Reset ePMP 180 no login

I factory reset an ePMP force 180 for a client of mine as it was having some strange issues and wanted to set it back up. Upon resetting it the default login does not work as I’m aware it should be admin/admin
I also tried root/admin, root/root/, admin/password, and a bunch of other combos of those types. I’ve reset these many times before and have always used the admin/admin login. None of these seem to be working at this point. Anyone else run into this issue or have a solution for it? Seems a little odd as it clearly shows the default device name when I go to WebGUI.

There is an option in the settings to retain password after factory default. Have you tried accessing the radio by using admin and the password it was set to before the factory reset?

1 Like

Ah there in lies the problem. I have tried that that was part of the issue. The document where I had the information saved is no where to be found. I’m guessing without being able to uncheck that option box it would seem perhaps I’m well out of luck. Although that seems a little silly. Also I guess that option is checked by default as I definitely didn’t select that as an option.

It’s actually disabled by default, so the person that set it up to begin with enabled that option.

I set it up but I’ve never seen that option before and I’m pretty positive I didn’t check it. So is the device basically boned?

Can you get the unit into cnMaestro?
If so, you can use the following “trick” to reset the password to factory default, admin/admin

See this post for the template

Push this template to the device and then you can login with admin/admin