Flexible Licensing Server

Any feedback on the time it will take to fix this issue?

There is no time for resolution. 

This problem begins on saturday 21/7/18 12:30 pm GMT

Just innaceptable...

i did not slept the last two nights rebootings this APs....

1 Like

Thanks Fedor for the reply, yet we are now in serious trouble.

What is the ETA for a complete resolution of the problem?
Of course everybody knew there was a risk in trusting an external entity (Cambium Networks) for the license management, but at least in our case, we thought the advantage outweighted the risk - "after all", we thought, "they offer this service on a global basis, they surely have redundancy and failover in place".
We were wrong.

I see no communication, except a single post from a mod, in regard to what seems to me like a really SERIOUS and business-impacting problem.
I expect you guys, at the VERY least, to be so kind to produce and send us an equivalent number of offline elevate licenses (as many as we had in the license server) to install in our APs momentarily, to overcome this embarassing problem. Make them last only a week, make them self destruct, or whatever you want. I don't care. Just pull us out of this mess.

We have an Issue ID open,  #160456. Please reply to our issue with whatver kind resolutive steps you decided to take.

Best regards from Italy.

2 Likes

We figured there must be a way of writing a simple piece of code that simply says yes ok youhave 120 licences when a device checks in. a simple catchall and approve all until the issue is resolved

1 Like

The morality of the cambum here in Brazil is ugly
all epmp radio with flexible license problem
Lega that supports it cambium until deactivate the chat so no explanation to anyone

This is a huge problem, the economic and image damage is very serious! Your silence is discouraging, we have invested and believed in Cambium but we have to review our plans, this shot is too heavy !! Paolo, Italy.

Same problem here in Brazil

Finally received a response through private message

Same issues here in Ireland.

APs randomly loosing connectivity to licensing servers and then dropping clients.

Also giving incorrect number of available licenses or none.

Clearly the system is not well designed and able to cope with an outage or issues with the servers.

APs should be able to hold thier license information for at least a couple of days if something like this happens.

Come on Cambium you can do better than this?

When is this going to be fixed Cambium??

Your silience and lack of responses is just about criminal.

1 Like

I can understand that they have some problem with the server, that is possible, what can not be justified is that since Sunday it has not been solved, and it is worse, nobody knows when it was solved, or you knows when it was solved?

Unfortunate

The same problem in Dominican Republic. Hundreds of clients without service since yesterday.

Please can someone from Cambium say when they plan to solve this problem. I still have not received any response from Cambium when this is going to be solved.

SAME PROBLEM HERE IN BRAZIL

Hi all,

Sorry for keeping you without updates so long.

We finally have localized the issue and hope to have it fixed in next few hours.

As far as Flexible Licensing is CLoud solution, it interacts with 3rd party IT infrastructure.

Exactly issue with 3rd party infrastructure has caused the accident and service outage.

We are really sorry and understand critical impact on your business.

We are taking appropriate measures to avoid such cases in the future and provide the highest possible fault tolerance based on 100% redundant topology.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Updating to 3.5.2 seems to work like a work around, if d not connect to server limit goes to 120.

Thanks for the reply.

@telecolanza wrote:

I can understand that they have some problem with the server, that is possible, what can not be justified is that since Sunday it has not been solved, and it is worse, nobody knows when it was solved, or you knows when it was solved?

Hello,

I wanted to provide a comprehensive update to this issue. First and foremost, our apologies for this issue and the time it took to address it. 

The issue first came to our attention Saturday night after some tickets were escalated. We immediately put people on the job to address the issue. Unfortunately, due to dependency on a 3rd party solution we were not able to raise the right personnel on the other side. We made two key changes through Sunday to address the issue but that did not solve it. Through Sunday night and early Monday morning we engaged with a wider team to investgate. The culimination of this activity resulted in the fix that we put out. We are seeing reports of normal service again across the board. 

One thing we will promise you - we will work very hard to figure out the best solution that prevents this from happening ever again.

Thanks

Sakid

3 Likes

the best solution is to assign the license directly to the client unit as everyone has (not AP, which is changed, etc.)