Flexible Licensing Server

I still have 2 APs that are stuck at 1 elevate license. Nothing I do changes that. When I try to check the amount of license I have on the cambium web site, I just get server error message. 

Hello Sakid,

thanks for the heads up. I can confirm things seem back to normal.

Please take the time to put in place a mechanism to auto-accept every license request, so that next time this happens (after all, 3rd party cloud infrastructure could go down again), you can just reroute the dns to such a simple responder, which will allow us not to lose business and customers again.
I guess you shouldn't worry about people abusing such a mechanism, since it would just serve as a mitigator while things go back to normal.

I'm sure you understand that in some areas, like the one we operate in, this is a very tough business, full of competitors. Being totally powerless and unable to give our customers an ETA for a definitive resolution is first and foremost frustrating on a professional level, and impacts our business in a very serious way.

Best,
Adriano

1 Like

Problem seems to have returned to other APs as well. Ones that were reporting enough license suddenly dropped back to 1. 

We are still having issues on over 20 AP's currently. Way too many clients disconnected currently. AP firmware is 3.5.2.

Please help.

Have you rebooted? All my elevate seems to be working again

"Have you rebooted?"

Only about 100 times. 

I thought mine were working again too, but then we started loosing customers again. I would continue to monitor it. 

Yeah we have and it starts to work again for about an hour. After that it drops off again.

@Jason Niedens wrote:

Yeah we have and it starts to work again for about an hour. After that it drops off again.

What do you see in the logs or on the AP window? Could you please share that with us?

At this point we are not getting enough licenses per AP. APs that have 40 elevated subscibers are only getting 10 licenses. 

Jul 23 11:41:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is less than approved: 0 < 1
Jul 23 11:41:23 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 0 (>= 0) but still rejected
Jul 23 11:46:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is less than approved: 0 < 1
Jul 23 11:46:24 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 0 (>= 0) but still rejected
Jul 23 11:51:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is less than approved: 0 < 1
Jul 23 11:51:24 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 0 (>= 0) but still rejected
Jul 23 11:56:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is less than approved: 0 < 1
Jul 23 11:56:24 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 0 (>= 0) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:01:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:06:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:11:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:16:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:21:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:26:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:31:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is less than approved: 0 < 1
Jul 23 12:31:23 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 0 (>= 0) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:36:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:41:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:46:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected
Jul 23 12:51:21 AP licensed[3237]: max SMs from server is 5 (>= 1) but still rejected

This is nearly every single one of our AP's at this point.  Elevate license is capped at 1.

Same on our side as well.  This is now becoming a major issue.  This is actually now causing client to cancel there service.  Maybe cambium must issue us fixed licenses or something.  We are getting hammered on facebook and are just loosing our reputation.  This problem is not actually new, there has been issues with duplicte registrations and the server no realeasing licensing for a long time now.  

Same here. The phones have been off the hook from this today. Every 20 mins like clock work it loses connection to the flexible server.

What is the status of this?  Support ticket unanswered for hours and still seeing issues where we have far less elevate licenses on each AP than we should be seeing.

Support advised upgrading to 3.5.2 but that hasn't made any sort of difference for us.

Same here. Now I have an AP that is telling me that I have exceeded my elevate licenses. That AP is basically 7 of 9 customers that are elevated. So, NONE of them work except one. Beyond pissed about this situation.

Yes I have rebooted, a bunch. It was at 3.5, so I updated to 3.5.1, and it still shows not enough licsenses. If it's related to the issue I had before where your license server latched on to my licenses and didn't let the proper amount actually be used, I'm going to be even more livid. That issue was a long time ago, and should have been resolved by Cambium just as long ago.

Stupid EFFin' cloud nonsense.

We were able to get ours backup and working. Sakid noticed the two NTP servers we have been using forever decided to die this weekend, and since the AP could not receive the NTP status it would connect to the flexible servers without a valid time.

We were using: 129.6.15.29 and 219.239.35.0 (They were also not pingable anymore)

Once we tried 219.239.35.4, boom it started working again like normal.

Hope this helps someone.

We use internal NTP for our routers and radios. That seems to be working as our times is correct on the radio. It seems as though Cambium hasn't any more licenses to give us when we certainly should have more to dole out to customers that worked prior to this nonsense.

I tried to find the way to view current license usage, and it seems a previous method is no longer available for some reason. So, I can't even have any visability in to something I have purchased already. Like how many of my licenses are in use... URGH, Just URGH!!!

Different NTP servers did not resolve the issue for us either.  Best of all, rebooting the AP took us from 3 elevate licenses to 1 elevate license on that AP.

Same AP as before, an update to 3.5.2 just got it going again after multiple reboots and a firmware upgrade to 3.5.1 didn't fix it. IDK if they did something on their end or not. But, try that if you haven't I guess. I just did this at 6pm CST and it got me going....

For the gentlemen of Cambium, there are still problems with the licenses, the clients disconnect and connect every so often, when will they solve this problem?

@telecolanza wrote:

For the gentlemen of Cambium, there are still problems with the licenses, the clients disconnect and connect every so often, when will they solve this problem?

Hello,

Could you please provide more details regarding issue you are still experiencing?

Are APs able to connect to the Licensing server?

What disconnect reason do you see for dropped SMs?

Thank you.