Force 300-25 Stop Lan Traffic

We have a pair of force 300-25!

10km link! Randomly all lan traffic stops!

When restarting the equipment, the traffic returns to normal!

Any idea what it might be?

Thanks

What version of firmware are you using? This error is normal in the previous versions, in version 4.5 it almost never happens.

1 Like

That’s correct, I reported the same issue.!

When there is too much latency on the AP router, it can get frozen and communication will pause on both AP and Station link. Router need to be rebooted.

Or Power sequence may reset either devices too.

Or firmware need to be upgraded to latest version.

1 Like

Hi,

Could you please submit the ticket with the Cambium Support Team?

Thank you.

the only way i found to fix this issue is run the radio on 100mbps . This Behavior only happen at Gigabit Ethernet Speed

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue when the radios are on 40 or 80 mhz channel, and the traffic gets pretty high .

We had this happen yesterday on a F300-25 backhaul of about 5 miles and had to reboot the slave to restore it. The slave WAS reachable via the wireless connection, so it was rebooted remotely, but the LAN side was basically dead. Has been running solid for months and then it just occurred for no apparent reason. On 4.4.3 but hesitant to upgrade to 4.5.5. I’ve had nothing but bad luck with the “latest and greatest” software versions and from other threads there appears to still be ongoing issues so unless the issue frequency becomes an issue, I’ll watch to see how 4.5.5 pans out.

1 Like

We have this problem with a F300-25 PTP of 7kms, and with a lot of F300-13L SM connected to ePMP 3000L AP. They are accesible remotely, but the traffic is dead. Both solution need reboot the devices.
All with lastest official versions 4.5.5 and 4.5.2(in 13L)

1 Like

Just upgrade my f300-25 ptp to the latest firmware. the link is under 1km and link is still up but drop traffic. I am 5km away from a airport, can it be dfs. ?

they still cant figure this out we have hundreds of f300 CPE that we run and handfuls of them lock up like this and a reboot of the cpe fixes it for whatever reason? Cambium has direct access to our equipment and have been logging in when we notice these issues but so far have not figure it out. Supposedly we were only 1 of 2 people seeing this but I think its more widespread and people are noticing it more now. We recently had a power outage to a lot of customers and it happened then two when radio came back up as well as customer router the radio SM would not pass any traffic until we rebooted the SM. We had customers reboot routers several times no luck but as soon as we reboot the SM all is good. Very annoying to have to tell the customer HMM dont know system just locked up so now they think we are using faulty equipment. To be honest I would think the same thing. The SM’s have been doing this for over a year now, along with the PHY reboots even longer on the AP, with all the money being spent on people purchasing this gear I would have thought that after a couple months these problems should have been fixed not years later.

1 Like

We have a F300-25 point to point that has stopped ethernet traffice twice in the last two weeks, requiring a reboot. The first time we were able to reset it remotely, the 2nd time we had to roll to the tower and power reset it. I’ve since configured the Ubnt tough switch watchdog to power reset the unit. Would like to see a permanent solution as we were planning on deploying more of the F300-25 as back hauls.

We have the same issue @accelwireless with Force 300-25

When this happens we end up getting a tech support dump from the SM and AP and it almost always ends up in an RMA of the unit.

I think there’s some issues with the ethernet ports.

1 Like

Cambium your need to sort out this problem. Clients are not happy, especially when they working from home. I still have ePMP 1000 Int. running for more than 3 year with no problem. i have 2- F300-25 under 1km and keep on dropping traffic.

1 Like

Hello,

Could you please open the ticket with Cambium Support?
We will check your link ASAP.

Thank you.

And please don’t ask me for a TICKET because I will tell you where to STICK-IT

1 Like

If you can share more details there I would really appreciate it as well. Tech Support Files would work the best for us to understand the issue.
We have resolved the issue for the majority of people who had opened tickets.

Thank you.

They want to give you the solution and you only answer that you don’t want it.

1 Like

4.5.6 upgrade has not solved this issue on an F300-25 PTP link and now having issues on F300-16 PTP link. The F300-16 was stable on 4.4.3 and has now stopped ethernet traffic as the master for the last 2 days requiring a reboot. The F300-25 was also experiencing the problem 1 to 2 times a day on 4.5.6. Still have the problem on 4.4.3 but at least is is only once every 7 to 10 days.
Is the software more stable on the epmp 3000? We just lit a new tower and are getting ready to go live with the AP but concerned with the shedding issue noted elsewhere.

Did you submit a ticket?