force 300 ptp station random reboot

I install a second link with force 300 the signal is around -55 and a experience random reboot from the station on the two link. I used 4.1.2 firmware.

Im experiencing the same, getting booted out every few minutes

For session drops, ensure that spectrum analyzer is disabled. It is a known bug that causes session drops if either side is enabled

welcome at the club..

Hi all,

Could you please download Tech Support file from Configuration -> Backup/Restore page and attach it there?

Thank you.

I think you meant in 'TOOLS' :)
Tools -> Backup/Restore page and attach it there?

I also have this happening. I checked just now, and AP Uptime is 3 days (since a change I made 3 days ago) and yet SM Uptime is only 6 hours.  I'm also running latest 4.12 firmware, and yes - the SA is disabled on both the AP and the SM side. The reboots are also visible on our CACTI graphs. 

I am experiencing the same problem and it is seriouly affecting the performance of the link. 

I found a way to keep the station alive. I have to change the ethernet speed to 100 mbps and the station stop rebooting...the website dont let me post the support files...

You know, i can verify this as well, my master had 5d uptime (1g link), slave had 29d (100mb)

so no solution on the horizon... i found strange i cannot use station at full gigabit speed. It's why i bought these for and im castrated at 100 mbps

@PCaddict wrote:

so no solution on the horizon... i found strange i cannot use station at full gigabit speed. It's why i bought these for and im castrated at 100 mbps

Hi.  Well, for my 2c - we are seeing occasional reboots, but I don't know if I see any correlation to Ethernet link speed.  Here one of my Force300 links - 13.5 days since the last power outage, and with a 1GB Ethernet Link.

fORCE300_Uptime_with_4.1.2.jpg

Also, there was the webinar this week and they said that 4.1.3 will be out shortly with improvements all round in throughput and latency - so I think there is probably LOTS of development happening as quickly as they can.  I want it yesterday too, but we all also want it done right as well.

Hi ninedd,

Did you make any changes on your radios? are you set to gigiabit via auto negotiate? 

@Slick1 wrote:  Did you make any changes on your radios? are you set to gigiabit via auto negotiate? 

Its set on auto-negotiate and negotiating a 1 GB link.  Just so I'm clear - there very well might be a problem causing them to reboot - just that we have some which seem to work longer than others without rebooting.  Of course, FWIW, that unit that was at 13.5 days a couple days ago, it looks like it rebooted 8 hours ago.  :(   Also worth noting is that the AP of that pair is now at 16 days uptime.  So... maybe there is an SM issue that isn't there when set in AP mode?

@ninedd wrote:

@Slick1 wrote:  Did you make any changes on your radios? are you set to gigiabit via auto negotiate? 

Its set on auto-negotiate and negotiating a 1 GB link.  Just so I'm clear - there very well might be a problem causing them to reboot - just that we have some which seem to work longer than others without rebooting.  Of course, FWIW, that unit that was at 13.5 days a couple days ago, it looks like it rebooted 8 hours ago.  :(   Also worth noting is that the AP of that pair is now at 16 days uptime.  So... maybe there is an SM issue that isn't there when set in AP mode?

Hi ninedd,

Beta release of 4.1.3 that will address your phenomena (SM side occasional reboot) will come out soon. Please stay tuned with our beta program: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/beta

Rgds,

ePMPMaster

Firmware 4.1.3-RC8 has been released,someone is testing this firmware?

Yes, it seems the reboots are in the past.

I am. My throughput looks like it’s a touch better, and the latency also looks to be a touch better too. I applied it late Wednesday night. Currently the AP uptime is 1 day 14 hours… but the SM uptime is only 3hrs, 47 mins… so my SM looks like its rebooted.

There áre a new reléase,4.1.3-RC10

wrote:
There áre a new reléase,4.1.3-RC10

I am at 12 hours System Uptime running 4.1.3-RC10 as of now.   :) 
EDITED:  24 hours SM uptime running 4.1.3-RC10 as of now (Sunday after Midnight)  :)

EDITED: SM REBOOTED AT 11AM SUNDAY.  :(  About 36 hours uptime and then it rebooted.

1 Like

Also... I know this thread was about SM reboots, but the latency in 4.13 has been improved some too.  I'm still seeing peak/max's of 10 or 12 sometimes, but generally lower ping times than with 4.12 and previous. 
(40 Mhz Channel width, current latency results while carying about 80 mbit of customer traffic)

Ping Results

PING 10.0.0.45 (10.0.0.45) 32(60) bytes of data.
40 bytes from 10.0.0.45: icmp_req=1 ttl=64 time=3.29 ms
40 bytes from 10.0.0.45: icmp_req=2 ttl=64 time=1.33 ms
40 bytes from 10.0.0.45: icmp_req=3 ttl=64 time=4.98 ms
40 bytes from 10.0.0.45: icmp_req=4 ttl=64 time=3.18 ms

— 10.0.0.45 ping statistics —
4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3005ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 1.332/3.201/4.989/1.294