Four Conductor Wire for 3.6 450m

What is everyone using for wiring the 3.6 450m power cable and where are you ordering it?

We've been using THIS cable.

1 Like

What are you using for a crimper?

Here is another option for you. THIS

Eric: Have you experimented at all? Or did you use that from the get go and just roll with it?

Also for the crimper, look for a DB9 crimp tool... and a DB9 pin insertion/removal tool. Both can be had for cheap.

@hci wrote:

Did you see THIS post on wiring for the 450m 3ghz?

1 Like

@Anthony_SBB wrote:

Eric: Have you experimented at all? Or did you use that from the get go and just roll with it?

I haven't experimented at all. I'm just a desk jockey... I got that information from our project manager that actually hangs these things. What do you mean by experimented?

1 Like

@hci wrote:

Get one of THESE.

Eric, 

I see! Was just mainly curious to see if you or your guys have tried other cable to see what you like best. We used some 4 conductor 16-AWG from Monoprice as I linked above. It's plenum as well!

-Anthony

@Anthony_SBB wrote:

Eric, 

I see! Was just mainly curious to see if you or your guys have tried other cable to see what you like best. We used some 4 conductor 16-AWG from Monoprice as I linked above. It's plenum as well!

-Anthony

Our tech likes the cable and the crimpers we have... everything seems to work/fit properly... no need to really try anything else.