I bought 4 F300-16's for small Network and can only connect one client

Upon internal discussion, we are considering allowing Force300 SMs to act as PMP AP, allowing upto 12 SMs to connect. Will update very soon once it’s finalized and which firmware it will be done. Also, this will be available at no additional cost or licensing, etc. Just a firmware upgrade.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Sure would like to know when… I have a install that is held up for this reason.
My fault for not researching this as I just figured I could use the Force300’s either way.
I have to eat the added cost of the 3000 as I’m not going to charge my customer extra.
This is my first purchase of Cambium equipment and it was several thousand dollars.
And I’m replacing UBNT Mesh Radios.

dss

That is excellent news Chinmay!

There you go djdrastic, cambium going to come through for you!

We should be buying cambium shares instead of products - theyre up 80% this year to date. I heard it was due to their decision to not allow f300s to act as APs :stuck_out_tongue:

Licensing is pretty annoying, but its also quite common. One high-end manufacturer wants my to buy an upgrade license for power to come out its secondary port, even though i have a license to connect a failover radio to that port. I guess it allows consumers to only pay for what they need, but it just feels disingenuous for some reason.

Cheerio

THANK YOU!

Now if we could get a F300 2.4Ghz then the portfolio will be almost back to what it was in the epmp1000 days!

1 Like

I may be misremembering due to the unpleasant experience but I do know that we could not get this system to work properly and had to replace everything with epmp F180’s to get the system working.

If the radios are truly transparent then why did they not pass traffic other than RTSP? and that is only if you could get the camera to VMS/NVR connection to establish. An IP camera that is very common in our setups (Hikvision and compatibles that are a direct drop in on a Hikvision NVR) works fine on the network switch but one bench hop away did not, could not even ping it. I highly doubt it is due to education or setup on my part, and the ONVIF IP camera was not accessible.

I am not sure what is changed to make the radios cnvision vs epmp but for the price per unit and the experienced headaches there is no marketable reason to push this product. Especially when a single F180 can support 15 IP cameras at 4MP 1920x1080 20fps with 15fps mjpeg second stream (10 cameras if you want 30fps).and this is on a 50/50 frame ratio which allows for VOIP call stations and localized wifi.

Most of this is moot now that there is talk of re-adding pmp-AP to the F300 line and IF the 2.4ghz variant comes out then there would be options other than jumping to the PMP450 price tag.

+1 on something for 2.4!!! Anythng!

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic idea for the sake of security. Bravo for the idea :frowning:

+2 on something 2.4 too!! 802.11AX has 2.4Ghz chipset, so it would be great (and SO needed) to have 2.4Ghz gear.

3 Likes

Good day Chinmay, any update on this one? If so, which firmware should I download and install?

Did not expect such a positive response to this :stuck_out_tongue:

Will say we take our frustrations out on the support or techs in the forums but usually birdbrained decisions like this are usually formulated by some bean counter or green MBA looking for a gold star on their head.So can’t really blame the support people from Cambium for stuff like this.

Hi, Give me until early next week, latest to get back. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Chinmay_K any update ?

1 Like

DEV team is already working on this and we anticipate internal firmware by end of this month. Firmware is going to be based on 4.7 firmware release, which has new featureset as well. So I will need to check whether firmware is stable enough to be shared with customers or not. Whenever it gets to stable one, I will share it with whoever need it.

1 Like

@Chinmay_K Ok no problem, thank you. Do share it with me as soon as it becomes available.

I don’t really want to distract this thread (which is about non-Synced AP support on Force300 SMs) but since the 2.4ghz wish-list was brought up again, I’d like to chime in one more time on that, and to encourage anyone interested in 2.4Ghz to look up any/all 2.4ghz threads, and to comment on them please. Cambium has said that they gauge our interest, so we need to let them know that we are interested in 2.4Ghz 802.11ax ePMP products! Cambium makes the XV2-2 and the XV3-8 which are AX chipset dual band 5ghz / 2.4Ghz, and with features such as 4x4 in 2.4Ghz and 8x8 in 5ghz. It would be brilliant to see this find it’s way into the 4000 series. So everyone, please look for 2.4ghz forum threads and please comment/bump those threads

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the 2.4 on masts.
High transmitting power will disrupt the work of the wifi network in the area.
The 2.4 band is too narrow to accommodate large-scale operator traffic there.

Tim,

Please dont hijack a post, create a new one. To fix this ask a moderator to split your post to a new one.

To answer your question: yes you can and bridge the cnpilot ports

A better method would be to not do it as shown in your pictograph and place a f300-25 on each pole and have the cnpilots act as the pole switch. Hopping pole to pole means you will have a lot of traffic coming through the poles as you get closer to the final hop out of the network. By having each pole talk to the main AP by its self then you gain the massive benefits of the APs scheduler to provide full bandwidth to each pole.

How can I hijack my own original post.
Im only jumping from one pole to another that is not in sight of the Main AP.
You apparently didn’t look at the picture very close.
I have installed several hundred radios since 2005. Just my first Cambium System.
I usually do ptmp for my security and access control company.