Introducing the new ePMP Force 300 CSM

Today we announced the new ePMP Force 300 CSM (Connectorized Subscriber Module) which is an 802.11ac Wave 2 SM that provides deployment flexibility for those WISP's looking to use higher gain antennas or horn antenna using the RF Elements twistport.  It is a 2x2 MIMO connectorized SM compatible with the ePMP 3000 and ePMP 3000L. 

Watch a short video here: https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/resource/epmp-force-300-csm/

Learn more and get the spec sheet here:  https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/epmp/epmp-force-300-csm/

And of course if you have questions or comments please post away!

- Bruce

2 Likes

Is there anything coming that has dual ethernet ports on it. Really miaa they old connectorrzed 1000 radios but want AC mode for doing relay jobs on customer homes to feed thier guest house, office or barn etc…

1 Like

Thanks for the interest.  At this point we don't have a dual Ethernet port SM in the 802.11ac Wave 2 portfolio.

Your application is interesting.  We'll keep an eye out for others with interest in this and if enough demand we could consider it.

- Bruce

1 Like

The demand should be there what did you make the epmp 1000 with dual ports for then? We do this all the time about 10% of our customer base do this because the 2nd building on site does not always have clear line of site to the tower. Adding a second less expensive radio like force 180 or ubnt radio works perfect in this scenario.

2 Likes

@accelwireless wrote:
The demand should be there what did you make the epmp 1000 with dual ports for then? We do this all the time about 10% of our customer base do this because the 2nd building on site does not always have clear line of site to the tower. Adding a second less expensive radio like force 180 or ubnt radio works perfect in this scenario.

Would be useful to us as well for the same reason.

1 Like

This is actually a very common scenario, I wouldn't consider it very interesting. Both connectorized and integrated radios with dual ethernet ports would be great additions to the portfolio if possible.  

In addition to the relay scenario, powering IP cameras off of the second port is pretty common.  Seems like Cambium likes to bring that capability up when discussing other product lines.

@Jacob Turner wrote:

This is actually a very common scenario, I wouldn't consider it very interesting. Both connectorized and integrated radios with dual ethernet ports would be great additions to the portfolio if possible.  

In addition to the relay scenario, powering IP cameras off of the second port is pretty common.  Seems like Cambium likes to bring that capability up when discussing other product lines.

Would you consider a solution where the PoE brick had two ports supporting a second radio. 

1 Like

That would still require running two full-length cables outside, which you can avoid if the radio has a second ethernet port.

Typically, if I need to run two full cables I'll install a proper POE switch inside.  

I would not, the point of having dual ethernet ports is to avoid having to run a second cable for power inside the house. This way we could remotly power cycle the 2nd radio or camera, turn it off remotly, etc etc. Having a 2nd port on the POE brick would be useless..

The camera option is another big one I forgot about. You had it on the 1000 series why not continue it on currnet prodcut line. I bet if you put a survey out there you would get a lot of feed back..

@accelwireless wrote:

I would not, the point of having dual ethernet ports is to avoid having to run a second cable for power inside the house. This way we could remotly power cycle the 2nd radio or camera, turn it off remotly, etc etc. Having a 2nd port on the POE brick would be useless..

The camera option is another big one I forgot about. You had it on the 1000 series why not continue it on currnet prodcut line. I bet if you put a survey out there you would get a lot of feed back..

Ok, thanks guys. I suspect in this scenario a 48V standar af PoE output would be preferable and having these models of CPEs move away from 30V? I am thinking of the case where we use a camera on the second port. 

Either "standard" 24v passive or standard 48v would be much preferred over the proprietary 30v.  

Why does the current ePMP-AC-v4.3.2.1 not support DFS.

i bought two Force 300 CSM units for some long range customers, to connect to a 3000 AP  but firmware doesn't show DFS channels

calpines,

DFS is now supported on F300 SM's with 4.4 beta RC23. You can download it here

This is not correct @Cambium_Brian

DFS is not enabled yet the Force 300 CSM, which is what calpines was mentioning.  Even with the 4.4 beta RC23 software.  I've mentioned this in other threads.  It appears perhaps the Force 300 16 is supported, and I saw a certification post for the 300-25 earlier today.

Sorry! My misunderstanding. Thanks for correcting me. I've asked when F300 CSM is expected to support DFS and will update you. 

Jacob, Calpines,

I've confirmed that DFS support for the F300 CSM's will be in the 4.4 official release. There's already a 4.4 beta RC (beyond the current RC23) that supports it that the team is working on. 

That's great news Brian.  Any idea if the RC with DFS will be available to us beta members for testing before final is released?

I agreed two LAN ports would great, like in the old radios. and 24V or an 48V should be great too.

What is the maximum range for ptp link..  will it suffice 40 kms PTP 

@mizo wrote:

What is the maximum range for ptp link..  will it suffice 40 kms PTP 

I would recommend using Link planner to design this link. It comes down to the size of the dish you will use which you can input into Link Planner. 

1 Like