Introducing the new ePMP Force 400 Series!

I’m curious about the signal levels, SNR and modulation levels during the test…

Hi Guys, these are nice radios…
My test scenarios:
11.8Km, 80 Mhz, -54dbm
80 Mhz: 545mbps aggregate(real throuput!)
let me get some images…

2 Likes

And to do a test with medium or small packages, he would say more about real internet traffic.

It is possible as there is an encoding scheme in between 256 and 1024. You dont hear of it too often but qam512 exists and is used just not as common.
The force 300 uses qam256 and has the ability to do 384Mbps, with some loss due to link overhead and protocols. If each coding scheme adds half again the bandwidth then qam1024 should do 896Mbps minus overhead and protocols.

Finding a clear enough 80Mhz channel is a feat in itself, just being able to have the same bandwidth with a 20Mhz channel is the important change. This increases your bits per Mhz and thus is more efficient and faster.

Which is better between Force 400 and Air fiber?

That depends. Currently the force 400 is not gps syncd so if you need that then the air fiber is “better” but if you want a homogeneous network the the force 400 is better.

This is a point of opinion and the truly better is measured after it is replaced with something else.

The problem is that as we increase QAM rates the capacity increase is less and less. Each doubling of QAM adds 1 more bit/Hz. Going from 64 to 256QAM increases from 6 to 8 bit/Hz. Going from 256 to 1024 goes from 8 to 10.

Hey Bruce,
Another great product. Thank you very much! Hop we will have a GPS version as well as it will fill the gap in the portfolio.

I remember Force 400 series would be compatible with GPON. Is it out yet in this version? When do you plan to release that feature?

Since GPON is more like vendor specific, what are the compatibility issues we can expect when using 400 series with GPON?

That link literally does better than my 5km link with 2 ptp 550 with 3ft dishes… boy do I wish I would of gone your route… I have 98% DS9 modulation on both downlink and uplink on my 5km link and the most I can get is 230mbps/70mbps. What size/make of antenna you using?

I’m using the cheap RocketDish 5G-30 LW. On the far side (the SM side) I’m also using an ISO BEAM isolator, because there’s a bunch of other antennas on that tower.

I chose the 30 dB 2’ dishes because that’s what we’re using on the AF5xHD link that is right next to the Force400 – and I wanted to do a good ‘head to head’ comparison for Cambium.

I do also have a couple of the 3 foot, 34dB dishes which I’m wanting to upgrade too, just for tighter beams and better isolation. But - it’s been 38-43 below for the last while here… so that’s slowing down outside work.

What make/model are your 34db 3ft dishes?

Does the force 400c/425 have a 75/25 setting?

No, not currently. The software currently has PTP mode only, and it’s ePTP mode currently. From what I understand, the PMP modes will arrive with introduction of the ePMP 4000 Access Points.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. So being currently only supporting ePTP mode is it a 50/50 mode only or does it have a flexible mode? I also see that this will also support 6GHz, correct?

It’s ePMP mode, which is a Flexible Frame mode. So, you can get as much speed as you need Upload AND Download dynamically. We get well over 400 Mbit in a 40Mhz channel, and well over 800 Mbit in an 80 Mhz channel OF REAL WORLD CUSTOMER DATA. Under ideal conditions - using MikroTik to push speed test data - they will do about 960 Mbit in an 80 Mhz channel.

3 Likes

Are they able to use DFS channels in USA ?

Yes it can do DFS channels, but its not ideal to use DFS when in PTP mode as the difference in the FCC allowed in EIRP is a 24 dB difference between DFS and non-DFS.

In some places DFS is the best / only option. We bought a bunch of the F300-25’s when they first came out for some very short PTP links in very very noisy areas where DFS was the best/only 5Ghz possible only to find out the F300-25 did not actually have FCC certification for DFS. We had to sit on them for several years before Cambium got around to getting them certified.

Well, to be fair – the US Government (and the FCC) was shutdown around that time if I remember correctly? I also couldn’t get into the National Parks when I went on my motorcycle trip to the States. That’s probably not the whole problem - but I think that was part of the problem.