Introducing the new ePMP Force 400 Series!

That was 2019, the Force 300-25 was being sold long before that. Pretty sure we bought ours early 2018 and I think they were available several months before we got ours.

I don’t mean to be sticking up for Cambium, there are so SO SO many things which are doable, which take months or years ‘under consideration’… I agree that Cambium has lost the ‘high ground’ when it comes to time to deliver on many of these things in my books too.

So yes you are probably correct - the government shutdown probably wasn’t the whole problem - but I think it was one of the contributing ‘aggravating’ factors in in that case.

Anyway - to your question in this thread. If I understood TDJ211’s answer, I believe he said ‘Yes, the Force 400 does DFS’

Anyway - to your question in this thread. If I understood TDJ211’s answer, I believe he said ‘Yes, the Force 400 does DFS’

I agree, it does seem he was saying the 400 can do DFS in the US.

Hi all, so why is the Force 400c without IPv6 support?

Thank you for the info, I am going to try a 16km link with 2 Force 400c with 3ft antennas on each side… was thinking KP performance… have any experience with those? I have only used 3ft Aletix antennas, I hope I am spelling that right lol.

Never mind, I see KP performance only has 2ft for its biggest dish. I will see what link planner says using 2ft antennas

Kp has the pro dishes that are near 3ft, dont have one handy to measure but they most definitely bigger than 24 inch diameter.
We have them and they are awesome and very comparable to the altelix dishes which we also have (too bad they decided to stop making them!) The only real difference is the KP dishes are solid so have a higher wind loading, so get the radome cover if you need to lower the wind loading.

1 Like

I will definitely check those out! I really appreciate the reply!

Just wanted to come here and say our new Force 400c link is rocking!!

We replaced a Ubiquiti Gen 2 Prism running on 40mhz and it would choke at 250 Mbps. We replaced it with the 400c using the same channel, antennas, and power levels and it hits 400 Mbps no problem with full DS11 modulation. The interference rejection is the best I’ve seen from Cambium so far.

We’re very happy so far with 4 days running on this new link. Keep up the great work on the AX platform! Can’t wait for 6ghz action next year

8 Likes

Hi there. This is my first Cambium forum post. Long time UBNT user here with 1000+ links (mostly PowerBeams and Rockets, with some AirFiber). I’ve been wanting & waiting for Ubiquiti to make an 802.11ax-based PowerBeam or Rocket, because these types of products scratch a mid-market itch that AirFiber is often too pricey for. Example - rural PTP links to schools, churches, small businesses, and so on. No GPS needed for a product like this; PTP only, not usually on shared towers.

A good scenario is this. Right now I have a 4mi Ubiquiti PowerBeam AC 620 PTP link at 80MHz and it gets real-world 425Mbps thru it, which is nice and pretty acceptable. If I read correctly, the Force 425 could get closer to 800Mbps (or more) for the same amount of spectrum. Any reason I should NOT replace the UBNT link with this?

None really I can think of.You won’t be able to manage the Cambium stuff via UNMS/UISP but that’s about that.I think the on device ubnt UI is more intuitive and feature rich in general but for the most part a commodity chipset radio is a radio:) It’s frustrating to deal with UI as they seem to be pretty much trying to check out of the WISP / SMB networking space and turn into some consumer hobby/iot company.

Only thing I would really change for the 425 is that it comes some sort of radome cover or radome protection.

1 Like

Hi Doug. We have an ePMP Force400 link of 15 KM, and we currently have it in 40Mhz mode – and it does about 420 Mbit aggregate. This is a test of me pushing data with MikroTik routers – so both directions at the same time through the link – and getting 419 Mbit in 40Mhz widths.

As others have said – Cambium’s GUI is pretty bleak compared to UBNT, and Cambium seems determined that every type of info needs it’s own separate page – so there no convenient ‘dashboard’ with everything important ‘available at a glance’ on Cambium. But performance wise, the Force400 and Force425 do push the bits for sure.

5 Likes

Hi all, I have a 400c link acting up… my signal is all over the board… I had -55dbm signal upon installation and was good for several months. Now I have had a degrade in signal but I watched it go from -55 to -67 then back to -55 within a few hours and now it is currently at -74db…still get that 0% downlink quality from time to time as well.

Update
Just rebooted both master and slave and now I am at -69 for signal…

Update Now its -64 less than a minute later…

anyone @anon89030143 have any insight… this is not interference related.

Signal movement issues are always one of three things: 1) dying radio (signal only gets worse, never better) 2) alignment issue or 3) interference.

Its hard to prove a dying radio, the support team will have to help for that one once you’ve exhaused everything else.

Depending on the antennas and the link distance, you only need a 2degree movement to toss the alignment out!

Interference related is always the most difficult to figure, it can be caused by nearly anything! if your signal is all over the place and you have made sure the alignment it 100% then you need to look at the components. The biggest problem is determining if its near field (caused by your other equipment) or far field. You can also be having cable cross-talk issues if your cables are not the correct length to not be antennas or if the actual antenna on the link has a physical problem causing it to inject RF into its own cables.

I know its not the answer you want, but this is where you will need to check.

Everything Douglas said +++ also, it can depend on your distance and Fresnel zone clearane. We have a 5Ghz link at 37 KM which is on 96’ towers, but the land between is forested (Spruce) and variable height. So - we do have LOS, but there are lots of places where the trees come into play into the Fresnel. Most of the time the link is just fine and carries what we need it to - but it also swings greatly with temperature, humidity, fog, “ducting”, thermocline - and our link can occasionally go from 100% working fine with a -60 signal, to a -80, to totally un-linked, and then back to a -60 all in an hour.

1 Like

@ninedd @Douglas_Generous I appreciate your help and insight. Issue looks to be temperature and humidity related. Cheers!

1 Like