A new release of the LINKPlanner is available from https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/linkplanner
The key features of V4.3.8 are:
New or changed features:
- ePMP – Support for Release 2.6
- Addition of 5 and 10 MHz bandwidths for ePTP
- PxP 450i
- Added 5.1 GHz band to United States and Other-FCC
- Modified default power supply used for SM and PTP links
Default power supply changed from N000065L001 to N000000L034.
- Updated capacity algorithm resulting in a slight improvement in throughput
- PTP 700
- Updated FCC/Canada regulatory information
- Removed Preliminary from Canada at 5.2 and 5.4 GHz and ETSI at 4.9, 5.1 and 5.4 GHz
- Modified sensitivity and transmit power values which will reduce mean throughput, especially in TDM modes.
- Added SM equipment to PMP Equipment Templates – see Knowledge Base article http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/LINKPlanner-FAQ/Equipment-Templates-updated-to-include-SMs/m-p/49119#U49119
- Added max data rate for a single subscriber to SM Performance Details
The performance details section of a subscriber link now includes details of the maximum data rate that can be achieved for each modulation mode, assuming that only one SM is active. These figures equate to the Max DL/UL/Total Throughput figures shown on the Link Budget tab of the Cambium Capacity Planner.
- Updated CMM Power Supplies
The previous CMM Power supplies are now obsolete and have been replaced with new options, if you have not yet ordered your CMM power supplies please check that the BOM contains currently available equipment.
- Optimized selection of country options for power leads and product kits
This feature simplifies the selection process for country/region specific power cords and product kits. In the previous version selections had to be made for various different products, now there is just one list, where a number of options can be ticked. Priority is given to the highest placed country in the list which has an available option for the given product choice. The order of countries can be changed by selecting a country and using the up and down arrows.
In the example above if the product is from the 450 family then it will use the Brazil power cord, however if the product is a PTP 650 or 700 it will choose the US kit option.
NOTE: When first opening the new version you will need to set up the new country selection options.
- Added capability to search for part numbers as a menu option under the Project menu.
This feature allows you to search the parts database for any part number or description, simply start entering the characters and once you have at least 3 characters it will look for matches.
Please note that not all parts are selectable within LINKPlanner and may not be available in your area. Please check before ordering parts that are not given within a Bill of Materials.
- Obsolete Commscope 11 GHz 2.6 ft and 5 GHz 2 and 3ft antennas
- Corrected error when changing bands in Access Points table
- Added missing fiber parts from PTP 820 Optional Extras
- Corrected error when switching to PTP 820S from a 1+1 SD link
- Corrected High Gain Integrated antenna model number in PxP 450 FCC Device Registration
Note that we have also moved the “Create FCC Device Registration Fields” from under the “Tools” menu to under the “Project” menu