LinkPlanner - Wishlist

Good Morning,

I've been using LinkPlanner quite a bit recently to re-design our network and maintain customer connections.  In the process, I've come along a few features that I would LOVE to see in the next itteration of LinkPlanner.

Those are:

• Turn On/Off Coverage Overlays by Band (5.8, 2.4, etc)
    • on Project -> Map -> Offline Map/Google Maps(tm) -> Display
  • Radio Mobile integration for LOS from AP's (on Project Map)
  • Save Custom Subscriber Module Antenna's to easily load into new projects
  • Save Channel Plans for use with other projects
  • Frame Calculator integration and network "check" for timing issues
  • The ability to save Hub's as seperate Projects (including subscribers assigned, channel plans, etc)
  • Show Subscriber sites as a special color if they are not connected to any AP Hubs (this may already exist, but I haven't found it yet)

I'm sure there's more :)   If anyone has a wishlist, be sure to add a note or two.  I'm truly aiming to not be ungrateful as I love what LinkPlanner is capable of thus far, but everything in life can always be better :)

Thanks!

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback. You'll be glad to hear that you can already do some of these things, but I'll address them one at a time:

• Turn On/Off Coverage Overlays by Band (5.8, 2.4, etc)
    on Project -> Map -> Offline Map/Google Maps(tm) -> Display
  • Radio Mobile integration for LOS from AP's (on Project Map)
    • You aren't the first person to ask for heat maps/LOS maps (and you probably won't be the last). I can't say too much at the moment, but we're working on a major new release for 2018 which should offer some interesting features.
  • Save Custom Subscriber Module Antenna's to easily load into new projects
  • Save Channel Plans for use with other projects
  • The ability to save Hub's as seperate Projects (including subscribers assigned, channel plans, etc)
  • Frame Calculator integration and network "check" for timing issues
    • We haven't got plans for this yet, but I will add it to our request list.
  • Show Subscriber sites as a special color if they are not connected to any AP Hubs
    • This doesn't really exist at the moment. You can do the opposite in the map view, and hide any sites that aren't connected. You can spot any unconnected sites if you expand the tree view, since the unconnected subscriber sites will not have the + next to the icon.

Thanks,

Andy

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Andy,

A few of those I wasn't aware of (such as custom rules for the maps) and some I were (connected subscribers).

When we get up in the 4-5k subscribers size, going through all the sites can be bit daughnting haha.

Looking forward to updates on LinkPlanner, and I'll be sure to add more if I come across a feature I would love to see.

Thanks Again!

We may be able to add a column to the Subscriber Sites table to show the number of connected APs or we could add a "hide connected sites" button to the map, which leaves only the APs and the unconnected subscriber sites.

Do you have a preference?