Online Training

1 person install does not use a laptop on the roof.

This is a great project and $50/$100 sounds good , but we are open on price. And ready for action !!

Keep up the good work it’s good to have people like you around !

Hi Jerry,

I will commit to at least 20 seats initially, if that helps you budgeting for the service.

Best regards

Sam

Jerry

I would like to participate in the training. How can I make sure we get the noticfication?

Thanks

Richard

OK,
We are going to work on the video this month. Hopefully it will be ready by the end of September.

Jerry,

I will post more in the next 48 hours, this definately would be something my guys would benefit from, but more importantly my parent company sells Moto equipment all over the country, and every day I have to worry about defuncted firmware updates on our network, and making sure that my other hat customers all over the country learn from my mistakes and that I pass on good information to them, both pro-actively and pre-emptively.

I have way too many times been put in the situation of supporting these companies from the very first power cycle of an SM to having their equipment shipped directly into us to build the network on the floor and ship it out to them. This is a definite plus for everyone, timing, financial, etc.

I have many thoughts on this, and will leave this post as a placeholder for me to get back to…btw all the thoughts are very positive, just too many positives and possibilities for me to process at once, I need to jot them down.

–Shawn

We too would be interested in this. Any progress report on when it should be ready?

When this or something equal is ready:
http://www.marketingvox.com/archives/20 … _in_works/

I would really like to do it.

Any more information on this topic…???

Thanks.

We shot the video, and it’s about 90% edited.

At this point I am working on a delivery method. Hopefully will have something early 08

Thanks. I’m looking forward to this content.

Sounds great. Count us in!

I vote yes…

YES… I would pay. You were looking at $50 to $100 USD…??

There is a cost associated with new hires and the discussed videos/media could help reduce that time and cost associated with bringing a new install tech up to speed.

I am assuming that these videos would be multi-viewable…?? I can see employees using these materials to brush up on their knowledge from time to time as well as for new hires.

Yes I would definitely be interested!!! Canopy week of training appears to be quite costly and never close. lol

plopez wrote:
Yes I would definitely be interested!!! Canopy week of training appears to be quite costly and never close. lol

Not to mention USELESS!

In all fairness, I hope (assume) that they have improved their training. I attended a 2 day course 3 years ago and it was a complete waste of time. It was trying to be all things to everyone and failed at every level miserably.

They spent half the time selling the technology and the other half getting lost in general RF discussions. I think about the only hands on portion of the course included firing up an SM, changing it's color code and making it register withe the AP at the front of the class. Whoopee!!!

I knew I was in trouble when at the beginning of the course the instructor took out a radio and started passing it around "for those who have not actually seen one yet"!!!! Doh!

I have learned a hell of lot more by just reading the posts in these forums.

that’s definitely interesting to hear. when the training came to portland, oregon in july i had too many projects going on, not to mention it was $2000 or something like that. it is or just was in phoenix and thought about going there for it again am too busy. perhaps it is not all it’s cracked up to be.

plopez wrote:
that's definitely interesting to hear. when the training came to portland, oregon in july i had too many projects going on, not to mention it was $2000 or something like that. it is or just was in phoenix and thought about going there for it again am too busy. perhaps it is not all it's cracked up to be.

As I said, I assume (HOPE) they have actually improved on the training. At least they do seem to have a so called Advanced Training course.

I am not sure if I am wrong, and perhaps it is expected that you should have a lot of knowledge about general RF technology, but I would like a course to at least go through every page of the radios and give me a real life solid explanation of what each field is for and how adjusting it affects the performance, etc.

Anyway, don't want to get too off topic here. I still think that a basic installation training video would be helpful. I am curious to find out if anyone has attended one of their courses lately. I still feel like I would love to get some "advanced training". One that would talk about real life network problems and ways to fix them, etc.

Couple of things:
1. The training provided by CTCA.info is excellent. I had the opportunity to teach some of the classes and the quality of the material is outstanding. The level of evaluation and modification is superior to any training I have seen anywhere.

2. The first training video is strictly a get-an-installer-acquainted video and is in no way intended to provide the information needed to design, install, maintain, or optimize a Canopy network.

3. The production quality of the videos is not studio level - not even close. It was shot on site during an installation in real-time and includes the site survey using a Hi-8 camera. I used a non-standard installation as an example to illustrate how to overcome a challenging installation. Personally I think the value of seeing it in real time rather than staged is unbeatable. More importantly you will see how one installer can do an installation by himself including site survey in less than 2 hours start-to-finish. The video is supplemented with a lot of additional slides and still images including many different style SM installations.

I would sell the video on CD or downloadable but the truth is in a world of P2P and the general attitude towards copyrights there is no way I am releasing the video in the wild. This will be a PPV deal where the payment is made and the viewer is able to watch the video one time. The platform I am looking at for delivery blocks attempts to grab the stream and that is what I am working on. Once I get that working or YouTube comes up with a hosted solution we’ll be open for business.