PMP450x Release 16.0.1 is now available

Not able to upgrade some SMs in maestro to the new code. I have been able to get 2 out of 10 to upgrade

@snorthway wrote:

Not able to upgrade some SMs in maestro to the new code. I have been able to get 2 out of 10 to upgrade

What SW version are those SMs currently upgrading from? There was a known issue with upgrade failures for SMs connected to a 450m sector (possibly non-450m as well, but more likely with 450m) which was fixed (I believe in 16.0, but possibly 16.0.0.1). It could be you're running into that problem?

Hey Folks, I think I may have discovered an issue today, or perhaps I've discovered how a feature works... perhaps you can tell me.

Upon logging into an active 2.4 Ghz PMP450 AP of ours, I attempted to generate an XML file on the Session Status tab... the webpage kind've just stalled, and nothing really happened.  I refreshed the webpage, and was greeted with a login, only to realize the AP had rebooted.  Yikes!

So, I tested it on our test-bench AP, and I am successfully able to replicate this every time I try.

Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen?  If it's not, then, I think I've caught a little glitch in the matrix.

@Neil Capell wrote:

Hey Folks, I think I may have discovered an issue today, or perhaps I've discovered how a feature works... perhaps you can tell me.

Upon logging into an active 2.4 Ghz PMP450 AP of ours, I attempted to generate an XML file on the Session Status tab... the webpage kind've just stalled, and nothing really happened.  I refreshed the webpage, and was greeted with a login, only to realize the AP had rebooted.  Yikes!

So, I tested it on our test-bench AP, and I am successfully able to replicate this every time I try.

Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen?  If it's not, then, I think I've caught a little glitch in the matrix.

Thanks for reporting this, Neil. I'll pass this along to our test team and see if we can't reproduce it in-house. And to answer your question, generally, no, the radio should not reboot when you do this :|.

I tried (450 5Ghz). If I login to AP with user/password it worsk, if user has no password, so I can access without login, I got an error trying to get SessionStatus.xml

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Failed

This is a try with curl (to be clear: this AP has no password).

@MW_WISP wrote:

I tried (450 5Ghz). If I login to AP with user/password it worsk, if user has no password, so I can access without login, I got an error trying to get SessionStatus.xml

MW_WISP, did your AP reboot in this case or just fail to load the XML?

@Al wrote:

@MW_WISP wrote:

MW_WISP, did your AP reboot in this case or just fail to load the XML?

Just failed to load.

1 Like

@Neil Capell wrote:

Please send engineering.cgi file to my email chitrang dot srivastava at cambiumnetworks

-Thanks,

Chitrang

Chitrang,

Can you clarify what you are looking for?  I don't know what you're file refering to as "engineering.cgi", or where to find it.

@Neil Capell wrote:

Chitrang,

Can you clarify what you are looking for?  I don't know what you're file refering to as "engineering.cgi", or where to find it.

http://your_ap_address/engineering.cgi
Than save the file

1 Like

Thank you very much.

File has been sent.

1 Like

Hi Al, 

Is there an update on when the Radius issue (CPY-15643) fix will be released?  If there is a link to the original post/issue would it be possible to provide that too?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi rnelson,

Thanks for your patience. We are actively working on fixing this issue.

We will provide an update as soon as the issue is fixed.

Here is the link to the original post.

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/Device-denied-by-radius-but-remains-online/m-p/101442#M7762

Best Regards,

Balaji

2 Likes

Thank you Balaji

We upgraded an AP from 15.1.5 to 16.0.1 last week.  Around noon today we "uncapped" two SMs in our radius server and rebooted the SMs via cnMaestro API.  On the new firmware, the SMs hang on the loading page after reboot (see attached image).  I tried this test on an SM on firmware version 15.1.5 on a different AP (also on 15.1.5) and it worked flawlessly.  I can see all three SMs authenticate in the radius server (and no changes have been made there other than removing the rate cap.

After about 2 hours, one of the SMs finally attached after 16 reauths.  The event log shows nothing unusual.  The other SM is still hanging after 25 reauths.  I'm going to see if that customer can manually power cycle the SM tonight.

Initially, this appears to be related to the 16.0.1 firmware because it is working in 15.1.5.  Has anyone in the community or at Cambium seen anything like this?  If so, is a fix expected anytime soon?  We were hoping to upgrade our APs to the 16.0.1 code rev so we can prepare for the upcoming 16.1, but at the moment this is a show stopper for AP firmware upgrades.

Your gonna have to submit engineering from the Sm and AP for them to diagnose probably haven’t seen reports regarding reauth on the threads

@rnelson wrote:

We upgraded an AP from 15.1.5 to 16.0.1 last week.  Around noon today we "uncapped" two SMs in our radius server and rebooted the SMs via cnMaestro API.  On the new firmware, the SMs hang on the loading page after reboot (see attached image).  I tried this test on an SM on firmware version 15.1.5 on a different AP (also on 15.1.5) and it worked flawlessly.  I can see all three SMs authenticate in the radius server (and no changes have been made there other than removing the rate cap.

After about 2 hours, one of the SMs finally attached after 16 reauths.  The event log shows nothing unusual.  The other SM is still hanging after 25 reauths.  I'm going to see if that customer can manually power cycle the SM tonight.

Initially, this appears to be related to the 16.0.1 firmware because it is working in 15.1.5.  Has anyone in the community or at Cambium seen anything like this?  If so, is a fix expected anytime soon?  We were hoping to upgrade our APs to the 16.0.1 code rev so we can prepare for the upcoming 16.1, but at the moment this is a show stopper for AP firmware upgrades.

Please email me the engineering.cgi from the AP to balaji.grandhi@cambiumnetworks.com. We can take a look.  Also, from the radius server logs, do you know why the autentication is failing?

Hi Balagi, the radius auth is a success in the radius server.  The SM itself loses connection to AP.

Yesterday afternoon we put a cap back on the SM and rebooted.  That remedied the problem.  So the SM has an issue if there is no rate limit assigned.

Would you like me to send in the engineering files from the AP and 2 SMs now that I can reach the SM?

Also, we might be willing to try the new Beta release if Cambium thinks it could fix the above issue.  Below is the thread where Matt talks about needing Beta customers for a Radius fix:  

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/Device-denied-by-radius-but-remains-online/td-p/101442/page/2

@rnelson wrote:

Hi Balagi, the radius auth is a success in the radius server.  The SM itself loses connection to AP.

Yesterday afternoon we put a cap back on the SM and rebooted.  That remedied the problem.  So the SM has an issue if there is no rate limit assigned.

Would you like me to send in the engineering files from the AP and 2 SMs now that I can reach the SM?

Also, we might be willing to try the new Beta release if Cambium thinks it could fix the above issue.  Below is the thread where Matt talks about needing Beta customers for a Radius fix:  

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/Device-denied-by-radius-but-remains-online/td-p/101442/page/2

Hi rnelson,

Please send me the engineering.cgi files from the AP and SMs.

Thanks,

Balaji