PTP 820S License Problem

Dear,

We entry the License/Activation String and Recive Below/ Attage message , How we can Fix and What We should to Do ?

We should add license on Demo mode or on normal mode ?

Best Regards,

Ali

Could you please provide a screen shot of the "License Features" page?

This will tell us exactly what the radio is complaining about.

You may have to clear all the other license violations, like extra GigE ports, and then power-cycle the radio, but until we see the "License Features" page, we can't know for sure that this will work. (You could try it in the mean-time, while you're waiting...)

I hope this helps!

Dave

Dear ,

Please check Attache Video file and 3 Picture on body of message .

Hi,

You might have enabled the feature which is not included in license. So either you need to disable them or purchase a license to aviod violation and violation error message. Then rebooting the radio once, will resolve the problem.

For now, you can check the table which feature is violate and disable them which will resolve the problem.

Regards,

Vijay Gnanamurtthi.

1 Like

Dear ,

is it any Simulation Software that we can Put license on that and undestand base on that String what Open we have or Before we put order for license we select what we need and it generate Order string and then base on that we Put order for license ?

What is minimum basic Future / Option  that Should be active to UP The link  ?

Please hikight the important and baseic feature for us.

Best Regards,

Ali

Under License Features, on the right side of the page, the radio tells you what licenses it thinks you are violating.

Unfortunately, your screen shot does not show this portion of the page, so I am unable to determine what license it's complaining about.

Heres an example of how this works:

If you've enabled two GigE ports, but you haven't applied the proper license, the radio will complain. On the License Features page, it will show that you're using two ports, but only licensed for one.

To fix this problem, either disable one of the ports, or apply the license key to add a port and then reboot the radio.

I hope this helps!

Dave

1 Like

In addition, if you download and run our free program, LINKPlanner, and create and configure a PTP 820 link using our free program, LINKPlanner, the LINKPlanner program will tell you which licenses you'll need to get the link up and running as configured in LINKPlanner.

For further licensing information, please contact our free Cambium Networks customer support, your Cambium Networks Regional Sales Manager, and/or your Cambium Networks Regional Technical Manager.

I hope this helps!

Dave

Dear ,

we check License only support one ethernet port , we disable ( down - Ethernet )  port 2&3 and now only Port 1 ( Data/POE ) and RF port is Up .

Radio Link is UP but when we conect POE port to the laptop we can not ping any ip on Another Site ?

Is it Possible to ping Radios Ip ( Booths Side )  via Port 1 ( Gigabit/POE ) port ?

Port 1  ( Gigabit/POE )  it Bridge or it is Trunk and we should access that via VLAN 1 ?

Best Regards,

Ali

You are almost there!

Have you configured your Ethernet services to allow the MNG services to talk over the radio ports?

By default, the radio MNG service is only accessible locally through the PoE (management) port.

However, you can add a few service points to allow MNG access from the radio ports and ETH 1 ports. Be sure to use VLANs for these ports--see the posts on this forum for how to set up in-band management. (The in-band management post has some great pictures as well.) Once you do this, you'll be able to ping each radio's MNG service from the PoE or ETH 1 ports.

If you want to pass traffic between ETH 1 ports on each radio, you need to set up the Ethernet services and service points. Have you done this yet? (See the forum posts on how to quickly bring up a PTP 820 link.)

I hope this helps!

Dave

Dear ,

Can You share with us Link for that , i found only one of that :

1- in-band management ( configured your Ethernet services to allow the MNG services to talk over the radio ports) :

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PTP-820-Licensed-Microwave/How-do-I-enable-PTP-820-in-band-management/m-p/42096#U42096

2- how to quickly bring up a PTP 820 link. ?

Do you have dedicated refrence file that show how step by step configure one radio link PTP820 S as Brdige with 650 Mbt License ?

We conect at the moment POE Port Eth1  of radio to POE and we sonect seperate cable from Radio managment port to the laptop for managment the radio ( Port eth 2 & 3 booths Down ) , Please mention what services we should add to do a Bridge and the same time ping each radio on port Eth1 ?

it is one week that we try to make simple bridge link but because this micowave link configuration is diffrent with another Unlicense yet no Bridge Da link :-(

Please do the best to make a Training Video for radio 820s that show step by step configuration to do a normal Bridge link .

Thanks for your Support

Best Regards,

Ali

Ali,

I am sorry that you're having problems bringing up your link.

Please call our free customer support and they will help you bring up your link!

Heres the page that tells you how to reach them: http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support/

Please be be sure to reference your forum posts--that will speed things up and help them understand what you need.

I hope this helps!

Dave