Real-Time Throughput & Packet info for ePMP

OK, awesome. :slight_smile:

I already have a working v3 version for myself, but I’ll need to compile it into a proper extension / installer and upload it to the Play Store. Hopefully this weekend or early this upcoming week I’ll get that done.

I’m pleased that’s people are using it and finding it helpful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi ninedd, here using the extension and waiting for v3. Really good work! thank you for this

everyone in our office loves your tool!

@Chris_Bay wrote:

That's what she said...

@ninedd wrote:

@Chris_Bay wrote:

That's what she said...

OMG hahaha

@ninedd wrote:

@Chris_Bay wrote:

That's what she said...

LMFAO!

Sorry for the delay in releasing the update everyone.  I noticed that the 3.0.1 update is on the way, and the ePMP Browser Extension that was fixed for 2.6.x and 3.0... it breaks on 3.0.1 however. :(

So, I'm guessing that the 3.0.1 Firmware release will probably be out shortly, and I'll release the update to the ePMP Browser Extension shorly thereafter. 

1 Like

hello,

is there any new version that can use in v.3.x version?

i try to my APs w/ 3.0 firmware and it doesn't work.

please post is there any update ya...

thx

Ok.  I'll email Cambium about a timeline on the 3.0.1 release.  I had fixed the Browser Extension to work locally with Version 3.0, but then the 3.0.1beta came out right after that, and it breaks the Browser Extension again....   so I was kinda wanting for 3.0.1 was finished before I compiled and uploaded a release to the Play Store.

So, I'll check with Cambium - if it's going to be a while yet, then I'll go through doign two releases.  If it's only going to be a few days, then I'll wait till 3.0.1 is completed and then I only have to do one release. :)

@ninedd wrote:

Ok.  I'll email Cambium about a timeline on the 3.0.1 release.  I had fixed the Browser Extension to work locally with Version 3.0, but then the 3.0.1beta came out right after that, and it breaks the Browser Extension again....   so I was kinda wanting for 3.0.1 was finished before I compiled and uploaded a release to the Play Store.

So, I'll check with Cambium - if it's going to be a while yet, then I'll go through doign two releases.  If it's only going to be a few days, then I'll wait till 3.0.1 is completed and then I only have to do one release. :)

Wait. 3.0.1 will be out shortly :)

@Cambium_Sri wrote:
Wait. 3.0.1 will be out shortly :)

OK guys, I've posted a new version of the ePMP GUI+ browser extension for Chrome.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/epmp-gui%2B/pejgccijhoclohbakcgnlefgnepnjpko

I've tested it on my network with Version 2.6.2 and 3.0 and 3.0.1 and it operates as expected for me, so go ahead and update your extensions and let me know any problems  you have.  Or PM me for my address so that you know where to send the alcohol of your appreciation.

2 Likes

Really nice extension, I'm afraid guinness kinda has to be poured fresh to enjoy (anyway it'd probably spill in the envelope if I posted it!) so you'll have to call by if your in Ireland...

Any chance of the source / a version to do the same for PMP450?

Work much appreciated,

Barry

Just found similar for 450:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/Canopy-GUI-Enhancer-Browser-Extension/td-p/53721/highlight/true

Guinness etc offer still stands though!

it will be more friendly if it comes in graphical display.

Thumbs up guys.....................!

@Lightnet_Barry wrote:

Just found similar for 450:

Hi. Yes, I think that's the extension I saw when I was looking to build a ePMP solution, and the ePMP Chrome Estension is based on that.

@Lightnet_Barry wrote:

Guinness etc offer still stands though!

LOL.  I just need to get across the pond first.

Hello ePMP GUI+ users...

OK - Firmware V3.1 has broken the Chrome Extension's display again, but we are workign on a new version.  The programmer has it fixed and it's working in house here, and this is just to let you know that I'll get a version packed and uploaded to the Chrome Web Store shotrly... hopefully in the next day or two.

So - check this link (in the next couple of days) for version 1.4.2 available shortly.  :)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/epmp-gui%2B/pejgccijhoclohbakcgnlefgnepnjpko?hl=en

1 Like

Version 1.4.2 is ready and published in the Chrome Web Store now.  It's compatible with ePMP Firmware Version 3.1 as well as remaining compatible with previous firmware versions.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/epmp-gui%2B/pejgccijhoclohbakcgnlefgnepnjpko?hl=en

2 Likes

Thanks again for the updated version!

Cambium should get behind those developing these addons with some level of development support - both ePMP GUI+ and the Canopy GUI Enhancer extensions are must haves... either that or hire you to develop their own GUI LOL =)

Thank you - and glad that it's helpful for you. :)  Both those extensions are based on some of the same code. When I was working on an ePMP solution, I searched and found the Canopy extension, and out programmer help make that same idea for ePMP.

In my opinion, being able to see all users at a glance, and to know everyone's throughput - it's 100% essential for network management now.  Well over half our calls from people saing ''it's slow today'' are people who have either Dropbox running wild, or have iCloud running wild, or who have Windows 10 doing an update.  Their system isn't slow - it's just busy and they don't know it.  Being able to see the whole AP, all SM's and everyone's throughput is 100% essentail to being abel to manage a netowrk IMHO. :)

The ''ePMP GUI+'' Browser Extension for Chrome version 1.4.2 is available in the Chrome Webstore has been tested with ePMP Firmware 3.1 and with Firmware 3.2 now.

For those that don't know what ePMP GUI+ is, it's an Extension for the Chrome Browser which displays a bit more data than the native ePMP GUI does in the 'MONITOR -> PERFORMANCE' screen.  In particular, rather than just displaying each SM's wireless MAC address and a count of the data and packet info totals going to each connection like the following screen shot...

Monitor_Performance_GUI+_Off.png

ePMP GUI+ canalso can display that information, but with the SM's 'Device Name' displayed under the MAC address, and with the throughput in kbps displayed under the total kbit data

Monitor_Performance_GUI+_kbps.png

ePMP GUI+ can also be set to display all the packet information with Packets per Second and with percentages of Dropped and Retransmitted packets also.

Monitor_Performance_GUI+_kbps_packet_info.png

Compatible with ePMP firmware 3.2 and available now in the Google Chrome Webstore.

4 Likes