Sector Visualization

Am i the only one having issues with the Sector Visualization feature of cnMaestro?

Some sectors show up on the map, and some don't.

Can't find any correlation for the ones showing up vs the ones that aren't.

If i fill in the required values for Height,Azimuth, Elevation and Beam Width, and cnMaestro can talk to the AP and read it's frequency, then why are some showing up, while others don't?  

Going to assume it's just a buggy feature at this point.

Also some will not let me have a negative elevation (which I'm assuming is downtilt?).  Sometimes if I save it as 0, and then go back to the configuration, it will let me put in a negative value, but sometimes it won't.

1 Like

I have figured out that if I set the ones that don't show up to Tower: None, they show up on the map.

As soon as I put them back on the correct tower, they disappear from the map again.

Still no correlation to why some of them work, and others don't.

@Justin_3, are you using cloud?  If so, any chance you can invite me to your account so that I can see the issue.  I'll send you a private message in community.

On premises, 1.6.3-r19

Hi @Justin_3 can you check if there are tower present with same name on other networks? 

There's only 1 network and none of the towers have the same name

I received an email from cambium yesterday asking if the engineers could remote in and take a look

It will probably be a couple days before mine and their schedules align to allow this but I'll post the results to this thread in case anyone else runs across the same issue

1 Like

@Justin_3, thanks for meeting with us yesterday to debug.  This has now been fixed in the upcoming cnMaestro 2.0.0 release.  

2 Likes

We have released cnMaestro On-Premises 2.1.0 with the fix

Please check the release notes https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/cnmaestro/ 

The community announcement link is http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/cnMaestro-2-1-0-On-Premises/m-p/98194

Rupam

Hi, I do not understand. I have set random values for but I have an error.

Cnmaestro tells me to modify the tower but the tower does not have the configuration

d2d2d2.png

In the left-hand tree, the three dots button to the right of the tower can be clicked to bring up a menu where you can click Edit to change the tower location.

I think there's a few issues here that we'd like to understand better.  I have forwarded this post to my collegues.  As a starting point can you tell us the cnMaestro version you're running, the Role of the user account you're using and if you have MSP enabled?  Thanks in advance.  I don't want to make any assumptions.

@Jordan wrote:

In the left-hand tree, the three dots button to the right of the tower can be clicked to bring up a menu where you can click Edit to change the tower location.

I think there's a few issues here that we'd like to understand better.  I have forwarded this post to my collegues.  As a starting point can you tell us the cnMaestro version you're running, the Role of the user account you're using and if you have MSP enabled?  Thanks in advance.  I don't want to make any assumptions.

We use the Version 2.1.0-r21|. 

AP_tower.png

I think I'm an operator. If i go in Application, Server, i see this menu (If this thing can help you understand what role I exactly have.)

Server.png
MSP is perhaps activated but not used

Hi ,

Operator user will not have permissions to edit the Tower details . The user should have atleast admin permissions to do this.

Thanks,

KR.

You can always find your role at home page. Pl see below screenshot:

Role Details at Home Page