Version 9 software

I installed it on a higher traffic site and everything seems to be working better

Thinking I might start taking the plunge next week.

we’ve got it on a super small tower where one of our lead engineers has service from. no problems yet.

gonna have to work on training the installers to use the new helpers provided to them & also get used to NO RSSI hehe… that’ll throw them for a loop when they do something other then a 900 install

nucoles deployed v9.0 to another tower site yesterday that was running 8.24 since it was released. There are 4 AP’s and roughly 30 SM’s (one being mine @ home passing 5Mbit down & 1.5Mbit up) connected. Too bad the BH’s at that particular site are v8. So far so good, and I really enjoy the new features. It looks like stability is also one of them. :smiley:

I just upgraded various APs and SMs to v9. It has the same P9 FPGA code as v8 according to the version number and the P10 FPGA version number is one day off. I extracted the boot.image and SMboot.bin files so I can do remote upgrades from the CLI without having CNUT around. (I could manage my whole network over a 9600 baud SLIP connection if I wanted to…)

The new interface features are nice. I was running an engineering build of 8.2.8 which fixed a nasty AP reboot-on-Link-test bugs when management VLANs were in use. I hope the fixes are still present in 9.0, but I confirmed to Moto that 828 fixed my problems so hopefully they kept whatever fix was in there. (I’ll figure out soon enough if that’s not the case)

Supposedly the Canopy 300 will introduce v10.0 software. Yee haw. Nobody has released any information on it yet through the normal channels.

I took the plunge last night and upgraded nine 900Mhz AP’s and roughly 200 SM’s.

So far it’s looking pretty good.

upgraded most of my network, havn’t had any problems

upgraded most of my network, havn’t had any problems

Upgraded ap’s + 100 clients. Looking good so far.

I am upgrading 22 SM5700, 1 SM5750 and 2 AP5750 120’s in the morning…

Wish me luck!

Glad to see so many of you are jumping in! I really hope this release goes smooth!

I have not heard anything negative. Still, we wait as it’s a policy to not make any major changes after October due to poor access to towers during the winter.

April will see the rollout of V9

A good policy to be sure. Also a good excuse to wait 6-7 months for them to make sure they get any bugs (that might be in it) flushed out. :smiley:

i have upgraded 1 of my AP’s and it is awsome no problems so far it dose seem faster :lol:

I’m deploying on 4 smaller APs this evening. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Has anyone encountered any problems with version 9?
I have noticed that everyone is pretty happy with it so far, but I am just curious to know if there is any negative feedback at all.

Not yet, and i have probably 1000 sm’s upgraded.

note that the only reason i upgraded these units was because they were on 8.x. Unless you are unhappy with your current version I would wait until its been released for a couple months.

version 9 seems to be so far much improved over 8.x guess well have to wait and see if its as solid as 7.3.6

I’ve completed my entire network with version 9. 2000+, no issues yet.

How does everyone upgrade their BHs through CNUT? I’m very hesitant to do it because I don’t want to mess up and then have an issue where i have to downgrade and have a tower down.

With CNUT or Prizm I always upgrade the far end first, then the close end. Same procedure most would do with any other type of upgrade.