Version 9 software

So no matter if the far end is a master or slave, you just add that unit by itself to CNUT and all will be fine?

pcpolo wrote:
So no matter if the far end is a master or slave, you just add that unit by itself to CNUT and all will be fine?

You can never say with complete certainty "all will be fine" - but yeah, I add the BHS and the BHM separately and upgrade separately - far end first.

With CNUT I think there is less worry because you have to go through extra steps to enable SM/BHS autoupdate.

Ok, thanks. I’ll give it a try on one of my smaller towers first.
:smiley:

In version 9,are the locked the RF Carier?
Can we use RF Carrer 2400.0 in AP 2.4Ghz and 5600.0 in AP 5,7Ghz ?

In version 9 can it downgrade to version 8 ?

Upgraded all P9, P10 AP’s and all SM’s associated with those AP’s and have not had any problems.

Have had my small network running v9 for the last week or so - looking good! The guys really like the new features too

We upgraded all of our P9 & P10 radios (500+). I must say, I do like the new features. However we ran into a slight problem after performing the upgrade. For whatever reason, the SM’s were not obtaining an IP address. They obtained everything else (Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Servers, DHCP Server), but for an IP most of them got 0.0.0.0. We rebooted our DHCP server and all of our CMM’s and everything came back up working properly. We’re still not sure whether the problem was our DHCP server or an issue with the upgrade, but it has never happened before or since.

nucoles wrote:
Upgraded all P9, P10 AP's and all SM's associated with those AP's and have not had any problems.

can u downgrade to version 8 ?

as with any version, it is not recommended to downgrade, but i know you can from 8.x to 7.3.6 so i would assume it is possible to downgrade from 9.x to 8.x but you do take responsibility when doing so.

We’ve upgraded our whole network to version 9 and it seems to be working great.

Keefe

nucoles wrote:
as with any version, it is not recommended to downgrade, but i know you can from 8.x to 7.3.6 so i would assume it is possible to downgrade from 9.x to 8.x but you do take responsibility when doing so.

Not p10 radios
vince wrote:
[quote="nucoles":35t0i7dv]as with any version, it is not recommended to downgrade, but i know you can from 8.x to 7.3.6 so i would assume it is possible to downgrade from 9.x to 8.x but you do take responsibility when doing so.

Not p10 radios[/quote:35t0i7dv]
I'm not sure which half you disagree with but it [u:35t0i7dv]is[/u:35t0i7dv] possible to downgrade a P10 from 9.x to 8.x

Correct, I was referring to taking it down to 7.3.6 if it is a p10. I should have made that more clear.