XV2-2 - a lot of problems

Have any of you managed to configure the 160 MHz channel?
Do I try it with GUI or with Maestro it automatically goes back to 80 Mhz :frowning:
Firmware?

XV2 model does not support 160MHz.

2 Likes

average antenna gain of e410 and XV2-2 are the same. see attached antenna 2D 360deg radiated plots. The gain in the data sheet and in Regulatory filings is the highest peak encountered which is normally just at a few points or one point in space.

Hi.

Does anyone have any problems with XV2-2 hidden networks? I configured to hide SSID, but it is still visable. Any idea?

Software we tested is 6.3-r10 and 6.3.5-r4, same results.

Kind regards

@AnzeZ

Its addressed as part of upcoming release 6.4.

1 Like

Do we have ETA on this release?
We would need fix for this ASAP…

KR

1 Like

@AnzeZ

6.4 release time frame is in November 2021.

If you would like to try beta build, I will be happy to share.

Please share beta :+1: I will test it

Yes please. I am ready to test it too!

Why not 160MHz is part of the 802.11ax standard?

160 MHz operation is not mandatory and largely discouraged due to unavailability of contiguous channels for supporting such an operation. However, 6GHz band operation does take explicit advantage of 160 MHz operation.

2 Likes

I wanted to use in a lab setting. I would not deploy a 160Mhz channel unless WiFi 6e.

Will the XV2-2 support Wi-Fi 6e? As the 802.11ax chips support 6GHz band?

No it dosen’t :sob:
XE3-4 will support 6E
AX support 2,4 + 5 +6 GHz.
Not only 6

Correct the new XE3-4 is our first 6GHz band capable AP. It can run three simultaneous radios at 2.4G + 5G + 6G or it can be configured as 2.4G +5G + 5G. It also has BT.

Duke I really feel your pain I’m currently in the same boat I cannot believe that the newest WiFi on the block doesn’t support Mesh I mean really I’m now currently looking at having to sell old technology to a really good corporate client just because we need to mesh 3 of the 10 points what a joke.

Regards
Wayne Pryor.

@Waykat_Services

Mesh is supported in Release 6.4.

Please let me know if you are still facing any issue.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: XV2-2 Mesh

Can anyone please assist? Radios state remains OFF and therefore i cannot do anything with this access point.

Hello All, based on a similiar post by Justin on another thread and just to let people know this issue was resolved. The issue was the AP was seeing LLDP packets from the PoE switch, through the mid-span PoE injector and the switch was advertising very low power allocation via LLDP to the XV AP. This was causing the AP to think it had very little PoE power allocated to it so the AP, in order to prevent itself from going into a PoE power boot loop disables the radios, Bluetooth and USB. Disabling LLDP on the AP resolved this issue. LLDP Request Power (aka LLDP power negotiation) being disabled while LLDP still being enabled also could have been a resolution for this issue.

4 Likes