XV2-2 - a lot of problems

Hmm
Now i’m looking direct on WebGui I have 15/24 !!
From cnMaestro it show 15/17
Will investigate tomorrow.
Maybe it is some cnmaestro bug ?

cnmaestro X show OK.
Hmmm
Or I have some delusions but I’m sure the system showed 15/17 and now 15/24?

It is possible to mesh config change some wireless setting ?

It is possible to mesh config change some wireless setting ?

Could you please tell more about your requirement. (As I mentioned, Mesh is not supported in present General Availability releases. )

If there was some wrong settings, settings were not applied and the power was in auto.

I’m not keen on mesh, but in some circumstances its the only option. The fact that the XV-2’s do not mesh yet is really disappointing. I cant “unsell” the XV-2’s and revert to the 410’s without giving my clients cause to doubt that I know what I’m talking about! Its embarrassing.

I have found that the XV-2’s have been very reluctant to roam. While I would not usually use enhanced roaming, I have had some success in forcing them to roam in large residential properties. On 2.4Ghz min unicast to 12, Enhanced roaming SNR 30, Airtime fairness on. 5Ghz Airtime fairness off, min unicast 6, Enhanced roaming SNR 30. Clearly wont work in every scenario, but now I only have one or two devices on each network with RSSI above -65db.

Have any of you managed to configure the 160 MHz channel?
Do I try it with GUI or with Maestro it automatically goes back to 80 Mhz :frowning:
Firmware?

XV2 model does not support 160MHz.

2 Likes

average antenna gain of e410 and XV2-2 are the same. see attached antenna 2D 360deg radiated plots. The gain in the data sheet and in Regulatory filings is the highest peak encountered which is normally just at a few points or one point in space.

Hi.

Does anyone have any problems with XV2-2 hidden networks? I configured to hide SSID, but it is still visable. Any idea?

Software we tested is 6.3-r10 and 6.3.5-r4, same results.

Kind regards

@AnzeZ

Its addressed as part of upcoming release 6.4.

1 Like

Do we have ETA on this release?
We would need fix for this ASAP…

KR

1 Like

@AnzeZ

6.4 release time frame is in November 2021.

If you would like to try beta build, I will be happy to share.

Please share beta :+1: I will test it

Yes please. I am ready to test it too!

Why not 160MHz is part of the 802.11ax standard?

160 MHz operation is not mandatory and largely discouraged due to unavailability of contiguous channels for supporting such an operation. However, 6GHz band operation does take explicit advantage of 160 MHz operation.

2 Likes

I wanted to use in a lab setting. I would not deploy a 160Mhz channel unless WiFi 6e.

Will the XV2-2 support Wi-Fi 6e? As the 802.11ax chips support 6GHz band?

No it dosen’t :sob:
XE3-4 will support 6E
AX support 2,4 + 5 +6 GHz.
Not only 6

Correct the new XE3-4 is our first 6GHz band capable AP. It can run three simultaneous radios at 2.4G + 5G + 6G or it can be configured as 2.4G +5G + 5G. It also has BT.