XV2-2T Outdoor solution for Container yard?

I plan to use AP XV2-2T for container yard 520.762,06 m²
I would like to ask if the installation is possible and how is the wifi connection coverage?
installation position on 35 meter high lamp pole and Need XV2-2T AP capable of fast mobile roaming

Hope your help.

1 Like

XV2-2T0 is an outdoor AP, so outdoor installation is supported in this model.
For Wi-Fi coverage, we recommend contacting a third-party provider of WLAN site surveys.
The XV2-2T can be mounted on a pole or a wall, and the maximum deployment height can be 10 meters. (around 30 feet)

Regards
Anand

Thank you for the advice

hi,

interested to know what kind of wireless clients connecting it to aps. if they are mounted on a truck, at what speed do these trucks move? the reason being is clients also needs to talk to the device at this height. the clients connect in 2.4GHz or 5 GHz. what authentication method will be configured on the aps.

xv2 aps support 11r, 11k, and 11v features which are essentials for fast roaming. hope the same is supported by clients also.

i am trying to find the ap signal coverage (vertical and horizontal) when mounted at 35 m and share it with you.

hope container positions keep changing, so we need to design the signal coverage with the worst-case deployment scenario like all containers placed at max possible height

Dear Cireddy
Truck moving at a maximum speed of 40km/h
Containers are stacked on top of each other with a height of 15 meters.
I hope you check the coverage of xv2-2t at 30 meters.
My container yard is 1000 meters long and 600 meters wide How many ap xv2-2t do you need to install?

Thank you,

Will, you be able to share the below details,

1. Floor plan with the container placements (length and width), as these areas become dark holes from Wi-Fi coverage point of view

2. The client details like the supported band, number of Tx and Rx streams, Transmit power, Fast roaming capabilities

3. What is the bandwidth requirements for these clients

It is always recommended to design Wi-Fi network, keeping Wireless Client RF capability in mind

• Floor plan with the container placements (length and width), as these areas become dark holes from Wi-Fi coverage point of view
  • The client details like the supported band, number of Tx and Rx streams, Transmit power, Fast roaming capabilities
  • client support band 2.4ghz and 5ghz
  • What is the bandwidth requirements for these clients
  • 100Mbps minimum speed required

Dear Anandakrishnan
Are you check for me Xv2-2T mounted at 35 meters?

Hi, mounting at 35 meter is not suggested. Max suggested height is 10 meter.

Regards
Anand

35 meters is quite high for an omnidirectional type antenna access point. The antenna pattern of the XV2-2T0 is:

we will be releasing a tilt bracket soon which could be used for the XV2-2T0, but our new XV2-2T1 (90/120deg sector) AP version will be more directional and designed for targeted coverage.

1 Like

the new XV2-2T1 which is a sector version of the XV2-2T0 is coming out shortly and might compliment the XV2-2T0 in your deployment. The coverage pattern for the XV2-2T1 is attached for reference.

this product is coming out soon but not yet released. We will have some for Beta if it makes sense to test.

1 Like

thanks for your advice

how is your install going? Do you need to try the XV2-2T1 in your network for more targeted coverage areas?

1 Like

Dear Jim
Yes I want try the XV2-2T1 but now the new product so I can’t place an order yet.

1 Like

it will be released any day now. We will keep you posted.

1 Like

I am interested in BETA testing in RV Parks

1 Like

please send a request for the XV2-2T1 to your local Regional Technical Sales representative and they can send the request to our Product Marketing to get you a Beta unit.

1 Like

can you share your contact info? I will get this to our team and see if we can get you a unit for “beta”

1 Like

Dear Jim
Thank Jim
This my infomation:

KTD TRADING AND SERVICES CO.,LTD
A: Lot 136A + 136B, Residential area No. 2, World Bank street. Dang Hai Ward, Hai An District, Hai Phong City 180000, Viet Nam
R: 341/G26 Lac Long Quan Str., 5 Ward, 11 Dist., HCM City, Viet Nam.
P: +84(0225) 7308 688/3630 888
E: xinh.nguyenvan@ktd.vn
W: http://ktd.vn

1 Like

thank you I shared this with my colleagues. .