Any chance of new 2.4GHz AX ePMP?

If the announcement is anything other then “We have a new 900 SM that is backwards compatible with PMP450i AP” I will be very pissed off at Cambium.

1 Like

Well… this post/thread is about ePMP 2.4 on AX… has nothing to do with PMP450 or 900MHz… sooo… :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Well it kind of veered off to general NLOS issues. I’m not going to start a new thread just to complain about lack of support for NLOS.

1 Like

I don’t think Cambium is abandoning the NLOS clients… I think as Eric intimated, that we should all listen the news announcements from WISPAPAPAPALOOZA :smiley:

2 Likes

All will be revealed at the next WISPAPAPALEROOZA!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

ZOLTAR SPEAKS! :rofl:

2 Likes

Okay, waiting anxiously for the announcement!!!

1 Like

ZOLTAR? ZOLTAR?
Where are you? :pray:

Sorry folks, been super busy at WISPAPALOOZA. Cambium did announce an e4k 2.4GHz product line at the open house yesterday… but in all the excitement, I forgot to grab a photo of the slide showing the details. I’m trying to find someone that took a photo, or get the slide directly from Cambium. SO YES! It’s coming, target mid 2024!

I think this will be Cambium’s best performing and least expensive nNLOS product ever made :grin:

3 Likes

What?!? ZOLTAR never forgets! :rofl:

1 Like

The caption is “Zoltar Speaks”… not Zoltar will always remember to take photos of slides during presentations :rofl:

I’m working on getting the slide… hopefully in the next day or two.

3 Likes

Great news!!! Need more info!!!

1 Like

7 Likes

I LOVE YOU ZOLTAR :heart: (I’m also pretty fond of Cambium folk right now too :heart_eyes:)

Hopefully it’s priced right in line with where the 4500 and 4525 stuff is (and ideally hopefully there is a 4200csm coming down the road someday for higher gain antennas :crossed_fingers:) But very cool, this’ll be a killer product for us.:heart: Thank you Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for hunting down the slide, Eric!

This looks like an excellent upgrade path, especially with the Force 200 compatibility. We have a ton of those F200 dishes laying around and I much prefer the design of those over the F300 and F4X25 style. It will also be a major time saver during upgrades to be able to just swap the feedhorn without realigning or remounting a dish.

4x4 is a nice upgrade that should help make better use of the limited amount of spectrum. A split sector mode would also be a nice upgrade path for certain low-density sites where we’re running omnis.

Now which third party wants to step up and release a bonkers 90° sector that can take a 4200 4x4 2.4GHz, 2x2 4500L 5GHz and 2x2 4600L 6GHz?

2 Likes

Very, very good news! Hopefully they will release a connectorized SM version at some point. We have a lot of those deployed and it would be great to reuse the antennas. Repurposing the F200 chassis is a smart move and I applaud cambium for that. This will open up a lot of possibilities for us!

2 Likes

I love the 2.5 Gbit Ethernet. That’s great. Of course, everything else also needs 2.5 Gb Ethernet now also. But that’s a great choice and relatively simple for WISPs to implement. That really feels like a WISP focused design decision. YAY!

1 Like

YES, absolutely. Shipping is a ton where we are - it often ends up being 30% of the invoice. So, the 4-packs and 6-packs really help (although distributors are often out of 4-packs, but only have singles - argh :rage:).

So yes, yes, being able to buy just feedhorns, and ship only feedhorns – I LOVE THAT. That’s great. We have a ton of Force 200’s @ 2.4 in the field, so backwards/forwards compatibility is great, and being able to swap a feedhorn is great!

I agree, this seems like a great product, with decisions that we WISPs would make. We’ll have to see how everything is implemented, but this announcement is very encouraging!

2 Likes

This is exciting and I can’t wait. I’d love to trial this and replace my -70db/-75db nLOS 5ghz links with these!

Who at Cambium can I throw my money at to make this happen? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Fedor @Sakid_Ahmed
will the new 42xx feed horn do PTP-AP? hopefully TDD-PTP.

1 Like