ePMP 3000 restore factory issue(via physical button)

1-I restored the ePMP to factory configuration via physical reset button, then ping 169.254.1.1 is reachable;
2-But it remind me to update the firmware when I visit it via web https://169.254.1.1
3- where can i get the firmware version rather than the software version. Because as long as I update it use the software 4.6, the connect will abnormal.

Or what can i do next step about this issue? Thans!

Hello @Yunyun_Lu!

This is recovery mode. Looks like you pushed reset button longer than 20sec.
If you did no intend to get into it you can try just to push ā€œCancel and rebootā€.
To update the station you should use regular image from Log In / Cambium Networks Support

What was SW version before?

Hi. The latest 4.6.1 Release version is here.

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp3000/

Thank you for your response!! I am hurry with it. It did take 20 seconds.
What was SW version before? --ePMP-AC-v4.6.1

It seems not working by click the Cancel and rebootā€, now ping 169.254.1.1 is unreachable. In addition, can I reset again via push physical button 15sec?

I tried reboot the ePMP3000 again by power off, and it reappeared the web ā€œFirmware Updateā€.

Did you try to upload ePMP-AC-v4.6.1.img ?

Yes, but as long as click Update firmware, the ePMP will disconnect.

So i doubt that it refers to the Uboot version rather than software version?

Can I restore it again via push the reset button for 15sec?

You should try that ā€“ I personally donā€™t think thereā€™d be any danger in that.

If you hold that reset button too long, the radios go into recovery mode, to give you the opportunity to reload firmwareā€¦ but if you just intended on doing a factory wipe of the settings, then the button press should be shorter duration.

Thans, i will try it.

It does not work. And reappeared the Update Firmware page.

I collapsedļ¼ļ¼ It took too much time to solve this. And it hasnā€™t been solved yet.

Hi Yunyun. Did you contact Cambium Support about this? They could probably help you much more efficiently. The User forums are user-to-user help, so we all help out when we have spare time. And some Cambium staff does participate sometimes tooā€¦ but the forums are normally just user-to-user help.

I just saying that this might be more a Cambium Support Ticket type of thing maybe?

2 Likes

if this is a force 300-19 then its toast if this occured right after a firmware update. Will need RMA. Even if you get it to take a prior firmware the issue will persist eventually

Iā€™m very happy to see this post because Iā€™ve wasted too much time on this question. It looks like a recovery mode. How can I get this firmware file? Thanks.

Thanks for your help! I have submitted a ticket, but the technical support is not very professional~~

I had this issue before just upload the AC IMG should work no issues here.