ePMP Release 4.5.6 is now available

Supported Platforms

• ePMP 11n and ePMP 11ac families
  • Elevate XM and XW

Where to get it

The software can be downloaded at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files

Changes

This release includes general stability improvements for the ePMP 3000 radio. There are no new features.

Hello. So just to clarify - this 4.5.6 release notes are basically ā€œGeneral stability improvementsā€ for the AP, and thatā€™s that - correct?

So only if weā€™re running 4.5.5 on a 3000MuMimo, then this should go on there and will add ā€˜stability improvementsā€™, correct?

Other than that, no changes for F300 or 3000L, 2000, or anything else.

Hello,

4.5.6 is the recommended version to run on all AC platforms.
There were major stability improvements introduced for ePMP3000 and ePMP3000L.
If you are not experiencing any issues on 4.5.5 then not to much sense to move to 4.5.6 since there are no new features introduced.

Thank you.

OK, I was asking because cnMaestro says that 4.5.5 is the recommended version.

OK, thanks. I was asking because the release notes donā€™t mention the 3000L - only the 3000.

System Release 4.5.6 resolved issues
ACG-10031 General stability improvements for the ePMP 3000 radio.
ACG-10280 General stability improvements for the ePMP 3000 radio.

1 Like

Yea, Ive noticed that CnMaestro is Cambiumā€™s ā€œlong term releaseā€ train.

Hi Fedor, for when an upgrade to F300-13L? we are having a lot of SM needed to rebooted any timeā€¦

Hi Alessio,

The latest FW released for F300-13L is 4.6-RC29 Beta.
https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/epmp-beta-release-4-6-rc29-is-now-available/73233
If you experiencing any issues with F300-13L please reach me at fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks(dot)com.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Fedor, we are testing and send a feedback later.
Regards

A post was split to a new topic: Elevate frequency range

This wonā€™t be a particularly useful reports, but here goes.

In one location, we have an ePMP1000 AP, with a Force 300-25 and a Force 300-16ā€¦ and when we upgraded to 4.5.6, the F300-16 came back like this. I de-registered her, and she re-regged with the same 0.0.0.0 IP, I rebooted the AP, and it came back the same. I still CAN do a throughput test to her, and she getā€™s her full 60 Mbit plan according to the built-in AP Wireless link test.

Anyway - NO - I donā€™t have support files to send in anywhere, we of course had to focus on getting the client reconnected. I downgraded the AP back to 4.5.5 and we called her and got her to power cycle, and that worked.

Iā€™ll try to upgrade this again after the long weekend, and Iā€™ll post back here. This may have simply been ā€œone of those thingsā€, and nothing to worry aboutā€¦

Force300-25 PTP link (in TDD mode) at 1.2 KM with signals in the 50ā€™s with SNR in the 40ā€™s and DS9/DS9 modulations. This link has been reported several times before.

Last time was when the 4.5.5 release came outā€¦ this link had an uptime of several weeks on 4.5.4-RC16, and when we upgraded it to 4.5.5 it went down twice in the next few hours, so we rolled back to 4.5.4-RC16.

That was 35 days ago, and so with 35 days of uptime on 4.5.4-RC16, we upgrade to 4.5.6

It has now stopped passing data again tree times over the ethernet of the AP side as before, so we are rolling back to 4.5.4-RC16 until we can replace this link.

If you have epmp2000 running 3.5.5 is there an intermediate step to upgrade or can you go from 3.5.5 to say 4.5.5 or 4.5.6?

@NetOpsCom, You can do directly to 4.5.6 or 4.5.6 from 3.5.5.

Does this update benefit ptp 550 in any way?

No it doesnā€™t.
4.6 Beta includes some PTP550 improvements.

Thank you.

Couldnt find any docs on what those improvements are in the 4.6 Beta.

Most of the time Cambium puts release notes alongside the firmware. You can find release notes for this beta HERE.

Dont see any notes for 4.6 beta but thank you!

There right there, in the link I sent you.

when I get to that page , it only has join beta forumā€¦ which I have in the past so not sure why its doing thisā€¦