"other Fault" appearing with Ubiquiti Radios and SIAE AlfoPlus Radio

I would like to add a bit to this thread that might help.

We recently released (mentioned above) our 4.3 SW that includes new FW for our PoE controller. This updated FW does help with the ‘other fault’ condition that was discussed above. It does not completely remove the occurrence, but it will recover from it. For example, in the message below it talks about problems associated with the switch powering up multiple radios simultaneously. It should resolve this condition.

1 Like

Hi John,
I am running 4.3-r3 and it has not resolved the issue. And it is not recovering from it. The only way I can recover is to unplug the device plugged into port 7 (Rocket AC Gen2). Then the other devices will come up. Then I can plug port 7 back in and it will come up and everything is happy. It just won’t start from a cold start with 4 devices plugged in.

Can you please just turn off all smarts when running “Passive” and just have the switch put out power? Anything else is asking for problems.

What does “Other Fault” mean? What is the switch “faulting” about?

My switch is currently running 4.3-b6 and this has has fixed any issues with Ubiquiti radios, both passive 24 and 48v models

My SIAE AlfoPlus also works great

but…

My SIAE AlfoPlus 2 still cannot be booted from the switch, if I use the power injector on another POE port to start the radio then remove it, the switch will happily keep it running

would upgrading from 4.3-b6 to 4.3 Final improve this?

Try it and let us know… it couldn’t possibly be worse then what you’re experiencing with the beta.

4.3-b6 did NOT fix this for us.

Total failure of this switch to work as advertised at this point.

Why aren’t you using 4.3-r3 release? Why are you still using a beta?

Because firmware upgrades cause the network to go down, causing 500 customers to drop and I can’t guarantee that when it reboots ever radio will reboot with it.

Therefore I cannot.just update it, I need to schedule it and be on site (not easy) when it happens.

Frankly I have better things to do at.the moment than babysit a switch during an update

1 Like

In our case 4.3r3 didn’t work. So, we went to the beta…

Back to 4.3r3.

Getting overload, and other faults.

All this gear is brand new, ends have been checked for proper polarity,etc… Switch just does what it wants, and it’s not ok. A netonix would have powered this right up, and not even blinked.

Netonix works as expected… No faults, no problems. Just works.

1 Like

I am having the “other fault” also appearing with ubiquiti radio on a TX 2012RP, running 4.2.1r5. When I disable and then enable the administrative state fault goes away and power is delivered. I have another switch, same model, running 4.3r3… this has one ubiquiti radio on it as well and it has not experienced the “other fault” but I will report if it happens. Are you using AC or DC power supply?

I am still getting faults on a tx 2012rp… one fault was a port powering a epmp 3000…

I also had a ubiquiti antenna show a fault at the same time… sorry no pic but it was other fault as well.

Had a none poe matrix switch and using poe injectors for the antennas and had zero issues at this site for over 2 years…add a tx switch and nothing but headaches… at this site there an additional 3 epmp 3000 units being powered by the switch.

So, switch is now upgraded to latest FW and the fault still persists on this radio.

have tried Passive 54, Hybrid 90W and 802.3 modes, all flick around between detecting and Other Fault (34) and (22)

please check this thread: PoE problems with TX2012R-P - #6 by telecomunicazio

1 Like

Just to follow up on this, I have now tried with V4.4-r3 and still the same issue persists.

On connection the port instantly says Other Fault 22, then after a few seconds back to Detecting, then over to Other Fault 34

No improvement

I’m seeing similar. I just wanted the POE input to the CCR as a backup.

Firmware 4.6-r2 shows voltage going to the port, but no LAN.
Passive 54V for TVWS and Passive 24V for Ubiquiti radios, sometimes the 24V works fine and you reboot the switch and nothing comes back. Anyone have a fix?

There is a field service bulletin that talks about the low voltage, passive power solution. Use an 802.11af converter on any passive low voltage POE, such as this device. Tycon and others have converters also.